Table of contents:
- How to remove ballpoint pen ink stains from various surfaces
- How and how to remove ink from a ballpoint or gel pen at home
- How to remove ink stains from various surfaces
How to remove ballpoint pen ink stains from various surfaces
Ballpoint and helium pens can cause ink stains in the most unexpected places. However, do not be upset to find such contamination. There are many simple and effective ways to remove ink. They allow you to cope with this problem at home, taking into account the characteristics of the surface on which the ink trail has formed.
1 How and how to remove ink from a ballpoint or gel pen at home
1.1 Express methods to quickly remove a fresh trail
- 1.1.1 Alcohol
- 1.1.2 Milk with lemon
- 1.2 How to choose the optimal washing mode for different fabrics when using the washing machine
1.3 Ways to manually remove ballpoint or gel pen marks
- 1.3.1 For cotton fabrics
- 1.3.2 For denim
- 1.3.3 For silk and wool
- 1.3.4 For all light-colored fabrics, leather and leatherette
- 1.3.5 For suede and leather
- 1.3.6 For colored fabrics
- 1.3.7 How to remove ink from clothes - video
2 How to remove ink stains from various surfaces
- 2.1 Ink on hands
- 2.2 Ink on plastic and polyethylene
- 2.3 Ink on linoleum
2.4 Ink on wallpaper
2.4.1 How to remove ink from wallpaper - video
- 2.5 Gel polish ink
2.6 Ink on paper
2.6.1 How to remove ink from paper using vinegar and potassium permanganate - video
How and how to remove ink from a ballpoint or gel pen at home
When you first spot an ink stain, act immediately. Your main task, in this case, will be to prevent the spread of ink over the fabric surface if the clothing is damaged.
- Sprinkle some starch or talcum powder over the ink stain.
- After 3 minutes, gently blot the dirt off with a tissue. Thanks to these actions, the fresh stain will not be able to penetrate deeply into the fibers of the fabric.
Talc and starch can prevent ink stains from spreading
Express methods to quickly remove a fresh trail
As an express method, you can use a stain remover or industrial detergents.
- Apply the composition of your choice to the dirt.
- After 15 minutes, immerse the product in cold water.
- And after 20 minutes, wash the item using washing powder.
If you find a fresh ink stain, it is advisable to use a stain remover
A universal tool that allows you to remove ink from any surface is ammonia or ethyl alcohol.
- With a cotton swab soaked in this substance, carefully treat the trail without rubbing it over the surface. It is enough just to touch it for 2 minutes.
- Then change the tampon and repeat the above steps again.
- Then do your normal wash.
With this tool, you can remove ink stains from a leather sofa and from a table surface, from a mobile phone case. However, rubbing alcohol will only get rid of fresh stains.
Alcohol can effectively dissolve ink of any color
Milk with lemon
Lemon and milk will also help correct the situation.
- Heat a small amount of milk.
- Pour it gently over the stain left by the pen.
- Place lemon juice on top of the stain.
- After 15 minutes, wash the product.
When removing such contaminants, certain nuances should be taken into account.
- To safely remove ink stains from a fabric surface, when using acidic compounds, try to minimize the temporary contact of these things with the fabric as much as possible. This will prevent the occurrence of traces of abrasions and holes.
- Before using bleach products, test them on the wrong side of the product.
- Do not wash clothes in too hot water, as this can penetrate the dye deep into the fabric fibers.
- Before the washing procedure, soak the laundry in warm water, adding a little washing powder to it.
- If none of the home remedies you use has achieved the desired result, don't despair. Your favorite thing can be saved by seeking help from dry cleaning specialists.
How to choose the best washing mode for different fabrics when using a washing machine
Since in most cases, when removing ink from the fabric, you cannot do without the help of a washing machine, when choosing the optimal washing program, pay attention to the labels on the things. On them you will find a number of conventional images describing the optimal parameters for washing, taking into account the characteristics of the fabric.
By carefully studying the conventional images on the tag, you will be able to provide optimal conditions for washing things.
But if the label has been cut, follow these rules.
- When washing synthetic products, the set temperature should not exceed 50 degrees, and the optimal spin speed will be 800-900 revolutions.
- Light linen and cotton can be washed at a temperature of 95 degrees, while the spin speed can be maximum.
- It is better to wash multicolored cotton at a temperature of 60 degrees, while you can also use the highest rpm when spinning.
- Products that can shed should be washed in water, the temperature of which does not exceed 30 degrees.
- It is advisable to wash things made of delicate materials, as well as woolen products at a water temperature not exceeding 40 degrees, spinning at low speeds. No more than 600 per minute.
Ways to manually remove ballpoint or gel pen marks
If things made of light cotton have suffered from ink, you can use hydrogen peroxide and ammonia. This composition should only be used when cleaning light and white fabrics.
- Mix the two ingredients in equal amounts. To carry out the procedure, you will need no more than one tablespoon of the composition.
- Then pour into the composition in 200 ml of warm water.
- Apply liquid to dirt.
- After 10 minutes, wash off the ink with laundry soap.
This method has worked well for removing ink from light-colored men's shirts and soft sofas with light upholstery.
Use peroxide and ammonia to remove ink stains from light-colored fabric
For cotton fabrics
Use rubbing alcohol to remove ink from cotton cloth. However, if the stain does not disappear immediately, the procedure can be repeated over and over. This method is suitable for colored and light colored materials.
If ink appears on jeans, proceed as follows.
- Using laundry soap, try to beat a very thick lather.
- Use a brush to apply it to the stain and rub the fabric thoroughly.
- This will remove minor ink stains, but if the ink stain is large, try rubbing it off with alcohol before washing.
You can wipe the ink stain off your denim with laundry soap.
For silk and wool
Products made of silk and woolen fabrics are recommended to be soaked in an acidic milky environment. For this purpose, you can use kefir, yogurt and sour milk. Or use a composition of milk and lemon juice.
Liquid fermented milk products will help to rid things of their wool and silk from difficult stains
For all light-colored fabrics, leather and leatherette
You can use baking soda as a gentle tool to remove traces of the handle. This method can also be used to remove ink stains from a light-colored leather sofa, as well as from leatherette products.
- Add a little water to a small amount of baking soda until a thick paste forms. Apply the paste to the stain.
- After 20 minutes, wash off the paste with cold water.
- Then, spot the remaining contamination with turpentine.
- Wash the thing. When handling the sofa, wipe the surface with soapy water.
Baking soda will remove fresh ink stains
For suede and leather
If ink has damaged a suede or leather product, add more salt to the stain. After 2 days, wipe off the salt using a sponge soaked in turpentine. This will allow you to polish the product, but it is advisable to act slowly and carefully.
Turpentine effectively removes most difficult dirt
For colored fabrics
If you need to remove an old ink stain from colored fabrics, you can use the following recipe.
- Mix equal amounts of turpentine and ammonia.
- Measure out 5 parts of the resulting composition.
- Add two parts glycerin to these and mix well.
- Dot the ink onto the ink spots.
After 5 hours, machine wash.
Using these methods, you can remove ink of any color without causing damage to the product.
How to remove ink from clothes - video
How to remove ink stains from various surfaces
If the rubber doll or rubber surface is damaged by the ink, you can remove the ink like this.
- Take vinegar and whiteness in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Soak a rag in the resulting solution and wrap it around the affected area of the toy.
- Wrap the rag with a plastic bag on top.
- Place the doll in a warm place.
- After 30 minutes, remove the compress. The fresh stain will disappear without a trace. To remove older stains, it is recommended to use the compress longer.
Vinegar and whiteness will allow you to erase the handle from rubber surfaces and dolls
Attention! When working with these formulations, you should remember about personal safety measures, using protective gloves, mask or respirator. Do not forget to ventilate the room after finishing work.
Ink on hands
If ink gets on your hands, you can use a cream or make-up remover to remove ink.
- Apply cream or milk to the affected area of the skin.
- After 3 minutes, wipe it off with ink with a cotton swab.
You can get rid of fresh ink stains with regular soap.
Ink on plastic and polyethylene
If ink stains the refrigerator or any other plastic surface, use hairspray.
- Apply liberally to the stain from a distance of 4 cm.
- After a minute, wipe off the remaining varnish with a cotton swab, and then wipe off the stain. Or use rubbing alcohol.
Use rubbing alcohol or hairspray to remove ink from the refrigerator.
You can remove the marks from the handle from the oilcloth with the help of matches.
- Wet the match head.
- By actively pressing it to the surface, wipe off the dirt.
- Rinse the oilcloth with soapy water.
Ink on linoleum
- Fresh ink stains can be wiped off with nail polish remover, which will also help remove ink from linoleum.
- For linoleum, you can also use a chlorine detergent by applying it to a damp surface.
Ink on wallpaper
If traces of the handle appear on the wallpaper, there are several ways to remove them. If the wallpaper is light, you can wipe the handle with hydrogen peroxide and whiteness. It is better to use turpentine to remove dirt from colored wallpaper.
- Apply it to the stain with a cotton swab.
After 20 minutes, wipe the stain off with a cotton swab soaked in water. In this case, it is advisable to act as quickly as possible in order to prevent the wallpaper from getting wet.
Ink on wallpaper
How to remove ink from wallpaper - video
Ink on gel polish
The ink on the gel polish is well wiped off with acetone. However, the procedure should be carried out very quickly, only lightly wiping the surface, otherwise the varnish coating will also dissolve.
Ink on paper
- If you need to remove ink from paper, alcohol and cotton swabs will come to the rescue, with which you should gently wipe the stain.
- Whiteness will also provide a good result, which should also be applied to the ink mark using a cotton swab, and then wipe the treated area of the paper with a damp cotton pad.
- A solution of vinegar and potassium permanganate will help to cope with traces of a ballpoint pen.
You can remove ink from paper with rubbing alcohol and whiteness.
How to remove ink from paper using vinegar and potassium permanganate - video
Using the products that can be found in every home, you can easily get rid of ink stains on clothes, interior items, toys and surfaces made of various materials. If old ink stains cannot be removed, you can always seek help from a professional dry cleaner. When using certain means, take into account the peculiarities of the surface on which such contamination has formed, and when working with aggressive chemicals, do not forget about personal safety measures.