Table of contents:
- How to properly wash the refrigerator: a note to the hostess
- How and what to wash the refrigerator
- What means to use
- Refrigerator care and odor removal
- Reviews of hostesses about different means
Video: How And With What To Wash The Refrigerator Inside And Outside - We Fight Against Smell And Other Problems
How to properly wash the refrigerator: a note to the hostess
Keeping your refrigerator clean is just as important as personal hygiene. After all, it is in it that you store products intended for the whole family. Careless attitude to the conditions of their storage can lead to the formation of pathogenic bacteria. How to clean the refrigerator correctly, without much effort.
How and what to wash the refrigerator
Like any other household appliance, the refrigerator requires both external and internal cleaning. To do this, it must be turned off and defrosted. Depending on which model your device has, this should be done once a year or six months. To do this, you will need:
- kitchen sponge or rag;
- dry soft towel;
- suitable detergents.
Simple products that are always at hand, such as soda and lemon, will help you to care for your refrigerator.
- Empty the refrigerator from food. Throw out spoiled ones immediately, put the rest in bags or containers and close tightly. In autumn and winter, you can take them out onto the balcony.
- Unplug the power cord from the outlet. If your refrigerator model has a defrosting mode (know frost function), turn it on.
- Take out all drawers, containers, built-in shelves - they must be washed separately. To do this, prepare a solution of soda (1 tablespoon per 1 liter of water is enough), moisten a soft sponge in it and gently rinse all surfaces. Spread them out on a soft towel to dry.
- After the refrigerator has defrosted, wash the inside of it to remove streaks, dirt and grease. Wipe dry. Replace shelves, drawers and containers, close the door.
- Now you need to wash the outside. This can be done with warm water, soda solution or any detergent, depending on the dirt.
- Do not forget to clean the rear grill, as dust collects on it, which can damage the refrigerator over time. The most convenient way to do this is with a vacuum cleaner.
How to properly wash the device inside and out (video)
Do I need to wash before using for the first time
Do not rush to use the refrigerator as soon as it is delivered to you. Before turning on, give him a couple of hours to "get used" to the new home. In addition, it will be useful to wash it to remove factory pollution and the primary technical odor.
New refrigerator needs cleaning too
In this case, it is better to use a baking soda solution. If the factory smell seems too harsh and persistent to you, walk on the inner surfaces with a sponge dipped in vinegar or citric acid solution, then wipe it dry and leave it to air for two to three hours.
What means to use
If you take proper care of the refrigerator and do not allow the appearance of stubborn dirt in it, then it is enough to wipe it with a damp sponge in a timely manner. After defrosting, use a baking soda or salt solution.
For heavier soiling, you can use household detergents or dish detergents. Make sure that the powder is completely dissolved in water. After cleaning, wipe the surfaces thoroughly with a soft cloth and wait until they dry completely. Ventilate the refrigerator chambers to avoid chemical odors.
Household dishwashing detergents can help keep your refrigerator clean
If using household chemical dishwashing detergents is unacceptable to you, use a soap solution. Dissolve the grated laundry soap in warm water and wipe the stains thoroughly. To avoid the characteristic odor, walk over all surfaces with a weak solution of vinegar, citric acid or ammonia.
Rubber seals should be washed with warm water without any means. Use a cotton swab to clean wrinkles that tend to collect dirt. If the dirt is too strong, use a soapy solution.
Sometimes mold forms on some surfaces, such as the pallet. "Whiteness" or another bleaching agent diluted in water in a ratio of 1:10 will help to get rid of it.
Refrigerator care and odor removal
A few simple tips can help you keep your refrigerator tidy and clean and eliminate the need for frequent cleaning.
- Conduct an audit as often as possible. Dispose of any food that starts to deteriorate.
- Wipe the exterior with a damp cloth at least once a week. Remove any drips as soon as you find them.
- Store food not open, but in containers with tight-fitting lids. Especially if the food has a strong odor that can penetrate anywhere.
- Do not put food directly into storage boxes. Place plastic bags on the bottom to protect it from husks and dirt.
If any liquid has spilled onto the surface of the shelf or drawer and has time to dry, soak the stain with warm water and dry thoroughly.
Proper storage of food is a guarantee of a clean refrigerator
If an unpleasant odor still lingers in your refrigerator, use special filters. You can find air purifiers for refrigerators in stores. But there are also folk remedies that will help you get rid of extraneous "aromas". Place on shelves:
- cups of soda;
- a few slices of black bread;
- lemon wedges;
- activated carbon tablets;
- tea bags.
All these products have an adsorbing effect and perfectly absorb any odors, keeping them. Remember to replace them with new ones every three months.
How to get rid of an unpleasant odor (video)
Reviews of hostesses about different means
All of these methods will help you keep your refrigerator running for as long as possible. Share with us in the comments your ways to combat dirt and odors in your home appliance. Good luck and comfort to your home!