Table of contents:
- Why you can't leave a knife on the table, especially at night
- Superstitions about the knife left on the table
- The meaning will take about the knife in ancient times and today
Video: Why You Can't Leave A Knife On The Table, Including At Night
2023 Author: Bailey Albertson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 12:29
Why you can't leave a knife on the table, especially at night
A knife is an indispensable item in every kitchen, without it a normal life is impossible. At the same time, knives are associated with danger, you should be careful with them. There are signs that prohibit leaving a knife on the table. Should you believe them?
Superstitions about the knife left on the table
Signs prohibiting leaving a knife on the table appeared a long time ago. Our ancestors believed that a brownie lived in their home, which helps good owners and punishes bad ones. If the tenants leave a sharp object on the table, the brownie can cut himself and get angry. Chaos will begin in the house:
- things will get dirty and lost, they will be out of place;
- clothes will constantly wrinkle in the closet;
- bread crumbs will begin to appear on the washed table in the morning;
- the owners will constantly hear groans and groans, other strange sounds;
- small objects will start to fall and break.
The brownie can cut himself on the left knife and get angry
Not only a brownie, but also evil spirits can stumble upon a knife, usually this happens at night. Evil spirits will use it to harm the owners: ruin things or even injure or kill.
There are other signs according to which a knife left on the table at night can lead to the following consequences:
- there will be a quarrel soon;
- household members will not be able to find a common language in anything;
- there will be constant grievances in the house;
- in the morning, residents will suffer with cuts in the stomach;
- sleep will be restless and of poor quality;
- someone from the household will become seriously ill;
- there will be a murder in the house soon.
According to one of the beliefs, if you leave a knife on the table, then a murder will soon occur in the house.
The meaning will take about the knife in ancient times and today
Our ancestors, who created the first knife, understood that it not only makes life easier, but also carries a certain danger for the owner. In the homes of ancient people there were no doors to protect them from strangers, any person could enter the dwelling. If the visitor had bad intentions, then the knife could well become a murder weapon. People hid a sharp object to protect themselves at least a little. With the advent of paganism, this habit began to acquire superstition. People removed the knife not because they were afraid of being killed, but out of fear of offending the brownie.
Modern people live with those they know well and are reliably protected from outsiders by strong doors. The omen no longer has the same meaning as in ancient times. But removing piercing-cutting objects, at least for the night, is for our own safety. You can cut yourself on the knife at night, getting up to drink water, or in the morning when you sleep.
According to superstitions, a knife left on the table can bring trouble to the inhabitants, cause quarrels. There is no logical rationale for this sign, although piercing and cutting objects should really be removed from the table for safety.