Table of contents:
- Popular flower bed: making a swan from old tires
- Materials, tools, basic concepts
- Small flower bed
- Figurine decoration
- Variants of execution and arrangement of swans made of tires
- Video about making a swan from a tire
Video: How To Make A Swan Out Of A Tire With Your Own Hands: Video, Photo, Diagram And Step-by-step Instructions
Popular flower bed: making a swan from old tires
Decorating your garden with the help of available tools is not only easy, but also pleasant. After all, such an occupation can unite the whole family, and everyone will find something to their liking and on the shoulder. Today we will tell you how to make a swan from a tire with your own hands, and consider several forms of these figures and how to use them in the garden and in the flower bed.
Materials, tools, basic concepts
You have probably seen these figures in the form of swans near private houses in the countryside or in summer cottages. And, perhaps, they wanted to do something similar near their home. So why not, if you have a couple of old, obsolete tires lying around in your barn? Even if they are not there, you can find a few at any auto repair shop.
I won't say that a tire swan is a very simple task. Rubber is quite tough and resilient, so you have to make some effort, as well as be careful and accurate. But the lesson will not take you much time, only about an hour per swan. And you will see that it was worth it!
So, what we need in our work:
- old car tire;
- shape fixing wire;
- paint, white or black for the swan, red for the beak.
Old tires are great stuff to use your imagination
In some cases, we will use additional materials and tools. But we will dwell on them during the description.
Where can you use these swans? You can place the figurine anywhere in your garden. The swan will serve as just a toy and decoration; it can be used as a flower bed and even as a basis for a small country fountain.
Now let's look at several options separately.
Small flower bed
This is perhaps the simplest option, and at the same time functional. In order to make a swan flower bed, use a simple scheme, applying it to the tire in advance.
Scheme of a swan flower bed from a tire
- Along the black lines, cut the head and neck with a jigsaw. The red lines in the diagram represent the tail, blue - the feathering of the wings. Make cuts along them.
- Now comes the hardest part: you need to turn the tire inside out. Do this carefully and twist carefully so that the tire does not get damaged.
- The main work is done, there are little things left. Make a beak (from plastic, plywood, a piece of another tire) and paint it red.
- Put the two halves of the head together. To do this, you need to bend the rigid cord, insert the beak and secure the entire structure with self-tapping screws. They also need to be twisted in place of the eyes.
- Raise your head, push it lightly into the wheel. Fasten the formed fold in several places with self-tapping screws. Tighten as tight as possible to keep your head in place.
- It remains only to paint your design white or black, depending on your imagination and desire. The screws in the place of the eyes can be painted over with black paint, or better - sealed with circles of electrical tape.
Such a flower bed in the form of a swan can be obtained from a tire
Now place your mini-flower bed in the planned place, cover it to the top with prepared soil and plant flowers inside. These can be pansies, marigolds, matiola, begonias, or any other short plants.
This swan is only of aesthetic value. Making it is no more difficult than the previous one, but you have to do a little work on the shape of the bends. But such a figurine will decorate the site no worse than an antique statue!
When choosing a tire for a swan, pay attention that there is no metal cord on it - it will be much easier to cut it. In order to fix the neck later, take an aluminum wire or elastic iron bar. Equip yourself with a sharp knife and jigsaw for cutting through very tight areas. You will need a drill to attach the iron bar to the tire.
Garden swan execution scheme
- Divide the tire into two equal parts with chalk. On one side there will be the beginning of the tail and head, and on the other - the base of the neck. Outline the silhouette of the head and the lines of the wings.
- Cut the tire along the marked lines. If you are using a knife, soak it in soapy water to make the process easier.
- Now you need to turn the tire inside out. To do this, you need an assistant, but you can do it yourself by stepping on the outer rim of the tire. The frame of the future swan is almost ready.
- Secure the neck: drill paired holes in the tire and attach the neck with a thin wire to the iron bar from the outside. After you paint the swan, the mounts will be almost invisible.
Paint the body of the swan with white paint and the beak with red
A flexible iron plate will help shape your neck into the desired curve. The plate should be slightly longer and narrower than the neck itself. Make holes in it with a drill and secure, giving the desired shape.
You can make another version of the swan according to this scheme. Just don't turn the tire inside out, this way the shape will be slightly different and the fenders will sink more towards the ground.
Such a swan will serve as a decoration for shrub plantations, lawns, beds or flower beds. It will also look great next to a decorative pond or fountain.
Keep in mind that for safety reasons, be sure to handle the sharp parts of the wire and iron plate so that children do not get hurt when they play in the area.
Variants of execution and arrangement of swans made of tires
Video about making a swan from a tire
Now you know how to decorate your lot with lovely homemade swans. And you can make them from an old, broken tire. Perhaps you know a few more schemes and methods. Please share your experience with us in the comments. Good luck!
Popular by topic
Installing a warm electric floor with your own hands. Practical advice on choosing the type of underfloor heating, recommendations for the installation of cable and film floors
Practical advice on the construction of paths in the garden. Materials used, recommendations
A description of the symptoms and causative agents of cabbage diseases. methods of control and prevention
Types of organic fertilizers, practical recommendations for the production and use of compost and other fertilizers
Tips for preparing hot drinks. necessary products, the sequence of preparation of mulled wine, chocolate, coffee and tea with the addition of spices