Table of contents:
- Sweet aromatic melon jam for the winter: cooking secrets
- Melon jam recipes for the winter
- Melon jam recipe on video
Sweet aromatic melon jam for the winter: cooking secrets
Among the preparations for the winter, jam is one of the most popular. We invite you to try unusual melon jam. For our latitudes, such a dessert is still unusual, and therefore many dispute the taste of melon jam. But if you cook it right, you will simply be surprised how delicious it is!
1 Melon Jam Recipes for the Winter
- 1.1 Classic
1.2 Melon and lemon
1.2.1 Lemon jam recipe (video)
- 1.3 Melon and watermelon
- 1.4 Thick melon and apple jam
- 1.5 Melon jam in a slow cooker
- 1.6 Without sterilization
- 1.7 Melon Cinnamon Jam
- 2 Melon jam recipe on video
Melon jam recipes for the winter
Fresh melon has an extraordinary aroma and juicy taste. I would like to keep this splendor for the winter. Moreover, melon is a very useful product, which contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. There are many melon jam recipes, and we have selected the best, proven ones for you, which will surely not leave you indifferent.
For such a jam, you need 1 kg of melon and about 0.6 kg of sugar. The amount of sugar depends on the sweetness of the melon.
- Peel and seed the melon. Cut the pulp into cubes, put in a deep bowl and cover with sugar. A very juicy melon will immediately give juice, a harder one should be held under sugar for about half an hour.
- For greater density, you can add a couple of bananas to the jam, and lemon zest will add additional flavor.
- Place the cookware with the prepared mixture over low heat. Bring to a boil, then let cool under the lid.
- Bring the jam to a boil again over low heat. If melon flavor is important to you, cook for no more than 5 minutes. If you want the jam to be thicker, crush the melon cubes during cooking.
Melon jam - a delicious and aromatic dessert
If you plan to store melon jam for a long time, then roll it up while it is hot. For storage under nylon lids, the jam must be cooled. But do not forget that the jars must be clean and sterilized.
Melon and lemon
Try another classic recipe for melon jam. You will need:
- 1 kg of melon;
- 700 g sugar;
- 1 lemon;
- 3 g vanillin.
Wash the melon, peel and seed, and cut the flesh into cubes. Place in the bowl or saucepan in which you will cook the jam, cover with sugar and cover. Shake well to mix the contents thoroughly.
Leave the melon with sugar for 5 hours or overnight to let the juice drain and infuse.
Add squeezed lemon juice. You can grind the lemon in a meat grinder or blender.
Put the saucepan on the fire and bring to a boil. You need to cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes.
Turn off the heat and leave the jam to infuse for 10 hours. Put the pot back on the stove, bring to a boil and turn off the heat after 10 minutes. Leave to infuse for another 8 hours. Add vanilla and lemon zest, boil again for 15 minutes.
The density of the jam depends on the cooking cycles and time.
Lemon jam recipe (video)
Melon and watermelon
This recipe does not use the pulp, but the rind. You will need:
- 1 kg of melon and watermelon rinds;
- 900 g sugar.
Peel the peels of melons and watermelons from the pulp, peel off the outer rough skin in a thin layer. Cut the peeled crusts into rectangular slices 2 X 1 cm in size, rinse in water.
Melon and watermelon are a great combination for jam
Prepare sugar syrup with 600 ml water and 400 g sugar. Refrigerate and place prepared watermelon and melon rinds in it.
Boil the jam in syrup 3-4 times for 15 minutes. The cooking time is taken into account from the moment of boiling. After each boil, remove the pot from heat and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. The sugar syrup permeates the rinds of watermelons and melons, making them transparent.
Thick melon and apple jam
- two kilograms of melon;
- 600 gr. sweet and sour apples;
- a kilogram of sugar;
- half a large lemon.
- My melon, cut, select the seeds together. Cut off the peel, cut the pulp into small cubes.
- Peel the apples, remove the peel and chop finely. Squeeze the lemon, filter the juice with a fine sieve.
- After mixing melon pulp with apples, sprinkle with lemon juice and stir, this will prevent the apples from darkening.
- Add sugar and mix again. We wait half an hour for enough juice to stand out.
- We put on the stove, boil for half an hour. Do not forget to stir regularly so that the sugar is completely dissolved. Turn off the stove, leave the jam for half an hour.
- Grind the cooled mass in a colander or interrupt in mashed potatoes with a blender. We boil the grated jam for an hour and a half over low heat.
- We preserve.
Melon jam in a slow cooker
Try melon, orange, and sesame jam. This is just a great recipe if you have a slow cooker at home. Such a delicacy is perfect for pies, porridge, cakes and just for tea. You will need:
- 700 g melon pulp;
- 1 large orange;
- 400 g sugar;
- 1 bag of vanilla sugar;
- 30 g sesame seeds.
Wash the orange, peel it off and remove white films. Cut the pulp into small cubes.
Wash the melon and peel and remove the seeds. Also cut the pulp into cubes.
Orange will give melon jam a delicate aroma and delicate taste
Place melon slices on the bottom of the multicooker bowl. Top with chopped orange, sugar, vanillin and sesame seeds.
Turn on the multicooker in the simmering mode for 1 hour. The mixture must be stirred periodically. An hour later, at the signal of the multicooker, the melon and orange jam in the multicooker is ready.
Gently transfer it to steamed sterilized jars, tighten the lids, turn it over and wrap it with a blanket until it cools completely.
This recipe will take time from you. This jam takes 3 days to prepare, but believe me, it's worth it!
- 1 melon;
- 800 g sugar;
- 400 ml of water;
- 1 pinch of citric acid.
Blast the peeled and chopped melon pulp for about 5 minutes in boiling water, then discard in a colander.
Do not pour out the water in which the melon was blanched. Make a syrup based on it, add sugar, and send pieces of melon pulp into it.
Boil the jam for 3 days for 10 minutes each time, with a break of 10-12 hours. Add syrup if necessary.
Melon jam should be cooked for several days for 10-15 minutes
Stir the jam while cooking and be sure to skim off the foam. For the last boil, add citric acid and vanillin if desired.
Such jam will not require long sterilization from you, because citric acid serves as a natural preservative. The main thing is that the jars are clean and dry
Melon jam with cinnamon
This jam is not just a tasty treat, but also a great ice cream syrup. It can be done in two ways: with and without pieces of melon.
If you decide to cook using the first method, with pieces, then you need to cook the jam for several days for 10 minutes so that it becomes thick. In the second recipe, the melon pieces are removed, the syrup is boiled, and a cinnamon stick is added to each jar.
You will need:
- 2 kg of melon;
- 2 g sugar;
- 1 glass of vodka;
- 2 glasses of water;
- a few cinnamon sticks (to taste).
Peel a ripe, but not overripe melon, cut the pulp into pieces.
Boil the syrup. To do this, boil vodka and water, add sugar, bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
Scald the melon pieces with boiling water and put them in the syrup. Cook until melon is translucent.
Add some cinnamon to the melon jam for a spicy flavor
Remove the jam from heat and leave for 10-12 hours. If you do not like pieces of melon in jam, remove them with a slotted spoon, and put the remaining syrup on fire and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.
Spread the jam in sterilized jars, add cinnamon sticks each and roll.
Melon jam recipe on video
Now sweet juicy melon will delight you not only in summer, but also on winter evenings. Share with us in the comments your recipes and secrets of making melon jam. Bon appetit and comfort to your home!