Table of contents:
- Carrot cake: the simplest and most delicious recipes for your favorite delicacy
- Culinary secrets
- How to serve
Video: Carrot Cake: The Simplest And Most Delicious Recipes With Photos
Carrot cake: the simplest and most delicious recipes for your favorite delicacy
Carrots are added to soups, salads, stews, roasts, pilaf, winter preparations and many other dishes. And the most resourceful housewives bake pies with a vegetable, delighting loved ones and surprising guests with an incredibly beautiful, fragrant and unmatched taste.
There are countless ways to prepare an original delicacy, and each of them has its own specifics. In order for the carrot cake to bake inside and turn out to be tender and airy, it is useful to know a few secrets:
- flour in the egg-sugar mixture must be added in 15 seconds, otherwise the finished product will not turn out lush;
- for the delicacy to rise well, baking powder or baking soda must be used;
- the taste of the vegetable in the pie can be hidden by adding cinnamon, vanillin, lemon or orange zest, lemon juice;
- frequent ingredients in a delicacy: dates and other dried fruits, walnuts, honey and candied fruits, these ingredients are in perfect harmony with carrots and give the product an original taste;
- soak dried fruits in boiling water for 30 minutes before adding to the dough;
- if you use brown, cane sugar instead of ordinary white sugar, the finished product will come out of a beautiful amber-chocolate shade;
- Olive or sesame oil is best, but any odorless oil will do.
Dried fruits are often added to carrot pie, before being added to the dough, they must be soaked in boiling water for half an hour
About preparing carrots
Regardless of the recipe chosen, the carrots for the pie are prepared in the same way:
- Rinse the vegetable and peel it.
- Recycle with a fine grater.
- To make the cake especially tender, additionally grind the mass to a puree state with a blender.
From the variety of recipes, it is easy to choose a method of preparing a treat for every taste: you can do with a minimum of ingredients to quickly make a treat for unexpected guests, or you can create a real culinary masterpiece for a festive feast.
Cooking a simple carrot pie will not cause difficulties even for novice housewives:
- Beat a glass of sugar together with 2 eggs and a bag of vanillin into a foam with a mixer.
- Add 2/3 cup vegetable oil and chopped carrots (3 medium-sized fruits), beat again.
- Stir a teaspoon of baking powder with a glass of flour and pour into the prepared mass, without stopping whipping.
- Add half a glass of raisins, mix the dough with a spoon.
- Put the mass in a greased dish and bake for 30 minutes in an oven preheated to 170 ° C.
Experienced housewives prefer to cook carrot cake with brown sugar: the product comes out in a beautiful caramel-amber shade
The basic recipe is the basis for further culinary experiences: by adding additional ingredients, you can get original baked goods every time
Video: a simple carrot cake recipe
With cottage cheese
Another express option for thrifty housewives is curd pie with carrots:
- Grind 200 g of cottage cheese with 2 eggs and 100 g of sugar.
- Stir in chopped carrots.
- Combine a teaspoon of soda with a glass of flour and pour into the prepared mass, beat.
- Bake in a greased pan for 40 minutes at 180 ° C.
With honey and walnuts
The pie with honey-nut notes is original and tasty:
- Beat 2 eggs with vanilla (on the tip of a knife), a pinch of salt, 50 g of sugar and 0.5 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Introduce a tablespoon of flour, pre-mixed with a bag of baking powder, a tablespoon of sour cream, a teaspoon of honey, 2 chopped carrots, 100 g of crushed walnuts.
- Bake in a greased pan for 40 minutes at 160–180 ° C.
Of all the nuts, walnuts are especially good in carrot pie.
Video: Walnut Pie
The lemon pie comes out incredibly juicy and aromatic:
- Beat 4 eggs with 2 cups sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Combine 2 cups of flour with 0.5 teaspoon of baking powder and add, without stopping whipping, into the egg-sugar mixture.
- Stir in a glass of chopped carrots, beat.
- Pour the dough into a greased dish and bake for 10-15 minutes at 200 ° C.
- After cooling down, cut the cake into 2 cakes.
- Process 2 lemons with a zest with a meat grinder or blender and mix with 2 cups of sugar.
- Smear the cakes with the filling, let the cake soak.
To make a treat for tea without unnecessary hassle, you can use this recipe:
- Beat the egg with a mixer with 100 g of sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Stir in half a teaspoon of baking powder and a glass of kefir.
- Without stopping whipping, add 6–7 tablespoons of flour.
- Stir in 250 g of chopped carrots and a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Bake at 180 ° C in a greased pan until golden brown.
With orange juice and cinnamon
A delicious cake can be made without eggs:
- Combine 200 g of whole grain flour with 100 g of brown or coconut sugar, soda and cinnamon (one teaspoon each).
- Add 300 g of chopped carrots, 75 ml of vegetable oil and the same amount of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Stir in chopped walnuts and raisins (50 g each).
- Bake at 160 ° C in a greased pan for 45 minutes.
Cinnamon gives carrot cake a seductive, tart flavor
As an alternative to oatmeal for breakfast, you can bake the following pie:
- Combine 2 medium-sized chopped carrots with finely grated processed ginger (1.5 teaspoons).
- Combine 200 g of oatmeal with a pinch of salt, cinnamon and baking powder (1.5 teaspoons each).
- Stir 50 g of sugar, a pinch of vanillin and carrot-ginger mixture in 0.5 l of milk.
- Pour 100 g of raisins and 200 g of oatmeal, stir.
- Let the dough stand for 10-15 minutes, place in a greased baking dish and bake at 190 ° C for 40-50 minutes.
How to serve
Delicious and "self-sufficient" carrot cake does not need "company", however, the treat will only benefit if served with whipped cream, ice cream balls or sweet syrup
For a festive celebration, the product can be sprinkled with icing sugar, poured with condensed milk or icing. But a cake soaked in sour cream is especially good, which is easy to cook: mix 400 ml of sour cream with a tablespoon of sugar and lemon, chopped together with a zest with a blender or a meat grinder, beat with a mixer.
Recipes for baking with carrots appeared at the end of the 16th century, since then there have been many ways to make pies with orange vegetables. And along with the number of variations of the delicacy, the number of its admirers also grows.