Table of contents:
- Do-it-yourself fragrant snack: dry salt lard with garlic and pepper
- Step-by-step recipe for dry salting of lard with garlic and pepper
Video: Dry Salting Of Bacon At Home With Garlic And Pepper: A Step-by-step Recipe With Photos And Videos
Do-it-yourself fragrant snack: dry salt lard with garlic and pepper
It is simply not possible to look calmly at the appetizing lard with meat streaks, glistening with crystals of salt and grains of spices. Such an appetizer can perfectly decorate a festive table or a regular meal, a picnic or a sandwich for a snack at work. Salting lard at home is a very simple matter that does not require culinary skills. Today we will talk about how to prepare such a dish dry with garlic and pepper.
Step-by-step recipe for dry salting of lard with garlic and pepper
Salted lard is one of the foods that I almost always have in my refrigerator. From my childhood in Soviet times, I remember how large pieces of bacon sprinkled with black or red hot pepper were always adorned in grocery stores. My father always made this snack at home, choosing the freshest and most beautiful pieces of the product for salting.
- 1 kg of lard;
- 10 cloves of garlic;
- 2 bay leaves;
- 6 tsp salt;
- 4 tsp black peppercorns;
- 2–3 tsp ground paprika.
Prepare your ingredients.
To prepare a wonderful snack, you will need a piece of fresh bacon and a few simple ingredients.
- Put a piece of bacon on the work surface, make a shallow mesh on the surface of the product with a sharp knife. This is necessary in order for the lard to better absorb the taste and aroma of spices.
Shallow cuts on the surface of the lard will help the product cook faster
- Slice the fat lengthwise into 2 pieces.
- Grind half of the black pepper in a mortar with bay leaf. Alternatively, the pepper can be grinded in an ordinary mill or coffee grinder, and the bay leaf can be finely chopped by hand.
Spices can be ground with a mortar, grinder or coffee grinder
Chop the garlic with a press or grate on a fine grater.
For chopping garlic, a press or grater with fine holes is suitable.
Combine the garlic with black pepper and bay leaves, salt and paprika.
Before you start salting lard, you need to mix the garlic and spices well.
Rub the pieces of bacon on all sides with the spicy mixture, wrap in parchment and leave at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Lard should be grated with a fragrant mixture from all sides
- Remove the product from the paper and use a knife to scrape off the layer of flavor mixture from it.
- Grind another 2 tsp. peas of black pepper and sprinkle lard on all sides.
Cut into thin slices before serving.
Thinly sliced bacon just melts in your mouth
Below I offer you another way to dry delicious lard with garlic and pepper.
Video: dry salting of lard with garlic and hot pepper in 3 days
Dry salted lard with garlic and pepper is a tasty and aromatic snack that anyone can cook. If you have your own secrets of this dish, be sure to share them in the comments below. Bon Appetit!
Popular by topic
Types of organic fertilizers, practical recommendations for the production and use of compost and other fertilizers
Tips for preparing hot drinks. necessary products, the sequence of preparation of mulled wine, chocolate, coffee and tea with the addition of spices
Practical recommendations for creating a decorative reservoir in the garden. Necessary materials and tools, stage-by-stage performance of work
A step-by-step recipe for making apple wine at home. Necessary products, tools. Features of making wine, recommendations
How to use ash correctly as fertilizer for the garden and vegetable garden. Ash types, its effect on different types of soil