Table of contents:
- Secrets of proper care for patent leather shoes
- How to care for patent leather at home
- How to prepare new patent leather shoes to wear
- Shoe Care Tips
- Effective problem solving
Video: How To Care For Patent Leather Shoes And Clean Them Properly, Including Black Stripes + Photos And Videos
Secrets of proper care for patent leather shoes
Patent leather shoes look stylish and fashionable. She attracts attention with her brilliance. To preserve the appearance of patent leather shoes, you need to know how to properly care for them and how you can clean their glossy surface.
- 1 How to care for patent leather at home
- 2 How to prepare new patent leather shoes for wear
3 Tips for shoe care
3.1 What means can you clean varnish shoes
- 3.1.1 Cleaning products that are in every home
- 3.1.2 Home remedies for the care of patent leather shoes - gallery
- 3.2 Putting your shoes in order - professional care
- 3.3 How to clean patent leather shoes - video
3.4 Proper care in autumn and winter
3.4.1 How to put shoes in order - video
- 3.5 Caring for patent leather footwear
4 Effective problem solving
4.1 How to remove black bars
4.1.1 How to erase lines on white varnish - video
- 4.2 How to remove abrasions
- 4.3 Removing scratches - video
- 4.4 How to clean shoes from stains
How to care for patent leather at home
Lacquered shoes need to be looked after from the first day, otherwise they will quickly lose their shine and be irretrievably damaged. It is easier to prevent such a situation than to deal with its consequences. It must be remembered that patent leather shoes and boots are not intended for everyday use. The material from which they are made does not allow air to pass through, because of this, the legs sweat and swell. After wearing it takes time for the pair of shoes to dry out and regain their shape.
Lacquered shoes require careful maintenance, then they will serve you for many years
In order for your favorite shoes to serve you for more than one season, you need to observe the temperature regime when using them. Air temperatures below -10 ° C reduce elasticity. Too hot weather with a temperature above + 25 ° C, on the contrary, softens the varnish, which leads to tarnishing and the formation of microcracks.
How to prepare new patent leather shoes to wear
A new couple does not need careful preparation. It is enough to wipe its surface with a soft flannel cloth. If dirt or stains are found, you should treat the shoes with a cotton pad moistened with milk. After complete drying, it is necessary to grease the product with an onion, and then polish with flannel. The brush cannot be used.
New shoes must be properly prepared for wearing.
Patent leather stretches worse, so a new pair of shoes is often uncomfortable. There are several ways to soften or stretch it.
- You can save the situation at home using a special spray or foam (sold in a shoe store), which is applied to the inner surface and helps to soften the material.
- A budget option is to treat the product from the inside with soap or a candle.
- Ask someone you know with a large foot to carry a pair of shoes.
- Heat the inner part of the shoes with a hairdryer, apply petroleum jelly or greasy cream. Then put on thick socks, walk for 2 hours. Grease again with cream and leave overnight.
- If these methods do not help, you need to contact a shoe specialist.
Shoe Care Tips
In order for patent leather shoes to please you for a long time, you must follow simple recommendations for caring for them.
- Carefully clean the entire surface from dust and dirt with a soft cloth.
- For heavy dirt, it is better to use soapy water. Do not soak patent leather strongly.
- If the adhering dirt is not easily washed off, it cannot be peeled off. In this case, you need to apply a damp cloth to the problem area. After a while, the dirt will get wet and can be easily removed.
- After such procedures, wipe the surface well and let it dry.
What tool can be used to clean varnish shoes
There are specialty patent leather care products available at shoe stores. They are made from glycerin, lanolin or castor oil. If you haven't found a suitable one, you can buy one of the above ingredients at the pharmacy. They will provide the product with a long-lasting and bright shine.
Cleaning products that are in every home
To put the glossy surface of your shoes in order, use the materials at hand that are present in every home:
- vegetable or olive oil;
If the shoes are dark in color, you can safely tidy them up with tea or coffee.
- Prepare a hot drink;
- Cool to room temperature;
- Wipe the shoes with a cotton swab. The varnish will acquire a beautiful golden hue.
For light-colored shoes, you can use a mixture of soapy water and ammonia. Treatment of patent leather shoes with milk, vegetable oil or petroleum jelly will preserve their appearance for a long time.
To restore the surface and make microcracks invisible, you need:
- mix the protein of one egg with a teaspoon of sugar;
- the resulting mixture is evenly applied to the skin;
- polish the surface with a woolen cloth.
You can use vinegar and onions to add shine. Wipe the material with pieces of onion and then polish with a napkin dipped in 3% vinegar.
Use an old recipe to make your shoes soft and shiny. Mix the following ingredients:
- turpentine - 3 tbsp. l.;
- sunflower oil - 1 tsp;
- the protein of one egg.
Apply the resulting mass to a soft cloth and wipe the shoes with it. Regular wetting of the skin with this composition increases its elasticity.
Home remedies for the care of patent leather shoes - gallery
Tea and coffee will give dark colored patent shoes a beautiful golden hue.
Milk will keep the appearance of patent leather shoes for a long time
Vegetable oil will give shine to patent shoes
Vinegar will "revive" the color of patent leather
Vaseline will replace expensive means for the care of patent leather shoes
Ammonia will easily clean light-colored shoes from dirt
A mixture of egg white and sugar will restore the surface of patent shoes
We put shoes in order - professional care
Professional products will help to remove difficult stains. They are best used after returning home rather than before going outside. First, wipe your shoes with a cloth to remove dust and dirt. Then apply the product as directed and let it dry.
How to clean patent leather shoes - video
Proper care in autumn and winter
In wet weather, patent leather boots should be lubricated with petroleum jelly, glycerin or oil before going outside. This will keep the shoes dry and keep the surface elastic.
If, nevertheless, boots or shoes get wet, they need to be wiped dry with a rag - stuffed with newspaper or paper, left to dry in a ventilated room with normal humidity and no temperature changes.
How to put shoes in order - video
Caring for patent leather shoes
For the production of footwear, various leathers are used, including artificial ones.
Outwardly, it is very difficult to distinguish genuine leather from a substitute.
There are no external differences in such shoes. After all, the same technology is used in the production of synthetic patent leather. Therefore, the main feature is the flawless finish of its inner layer. Caring for patent leather shoes is the same as for other patent leather shoes.
Effective problem solving
Lacquered shoes are a very specific material that requires careful maintenance. Scratches, dark stripes, various household stains may appear on it.
How to remove black bars
Dashes on light-colored shoes can appear from their contact with each other when walking or as a result of touching the sole or heel on the skin.
There are different ways to remove dark stripes from patent leather shoes.
There are several ways to remove streaks from white patent leather.
- Fresh marks can be easily removed with a cloth soaked in milk.
- It is allowed to use castor or any other oil.
- You can rub the stain with the soft side of a school eraser, as a hard surface can scratch the glossy finish.
How to erase lines on white varnish - video
How to remove scuffs
Specialized shoe wax or beeswax will help solve the problem. It must be heated and rubbed into the damaged surface. Top with a patent leather care product that is sold at any shoe store.
You can remove minor abrasions from patent leather with nail polish or a colored felt-tip pen
Remove scratches - video
How to remove stains from shoes
Be careful when removing dirt from patent leather, otherwise you risk spoiling the product. Most shoe cleaning operations can be done at home.
- Stubborn traces from a ballpoint pen can be easily washed with a mixture of glycerin and ammonia, taken in equal proportions, applied to the stained area for 5-10 minutes. This method is only suitable for light-colored shoes.
- For dark shoes: dissolve a teaspoon of salt in 0.5 cups of water, add 3-5 drops of detergent. Leave to dry completely. Apply a greasy cream or petroleum jelly for 3 minutes. Remove residues with dry cotton wool.
- To clean the lacquer surface from the glue, you need to carefully file it off with a nail file, and wipe off the rest with the soft side of the eraser.
- Remove water-based paints and fresh stains with a damp cloth.
- Use sunflower oil for oil stains. It needs to be moistened, then gently wipe off a layer of paint in a circular motion.
- Cured paint can be removed with an acetone-free nail polish remover, after assessing the safety in an inconspicuous area of the coating.
Shoes made of any material need regular care, including lacquered ones. Wear it carefully and keep it clean. And then a pair of favorite shoes will delight you for more than one season.
Popular by topic
Practical recommendations for creating a decorative reservoir in the garden. Necessary materials and tools, stage-by-stage performance of work
How to make a brick brazier yourself. A step-by-step description of the work, advice on choosing the type of barbecue and the necessary materials
Detailed description of the construction of a wooden porch. Materials used, work procedure step by step
DIY step-by-step instructions for building a simple children's sandbox. Different sandbox models
Description of the mixboard, styles, location. a step-by-step description of creating a flower garden. selection of plants for mixboard