Table of contents:
- Chocolate Panna Cotta - a gourmet dessert from Northern Italy
- Boiled cream from the gastronomic center of Italy
- The perfect panna cotta
- Caramel nets
- Panna cotta with chocolate and orange jam
- Dessert with chocolate cream and egg whites
- Panna cotta with condensed milk and espresso jelly
- Options for serving chocolate panna cotta in the photo
Video: Chocolate Panna Cotta: Step-by-step Cooking Recipes + Photos And Videos
Chocolate Panna Cotta - a gourmet dessert from Northern Italy
It seems that delicious desserts came to our country from Italy! Delicate North Italian guest - chocolate panna cotta - has a magical vanilla-chocolate taste. Those who try will no longer be able to refuse the divine dessert. Berries, fruits and all kinds of sauces and confitures add beauty and grace to the coquette.
- 1 "Boiled Cream" from the gastronomic center of Italy
2 Perfect panna cotta
- 2.1 Step by step recipe with photo
- 2.2 Basic recipe for chocolate panna cotta - gallery
- 2.3 Recipe for chocolate panna cotta - video
- 3 caramel nets
4 Panna cotta with chocolate and orange jam
4.1 Layered chocolate panna cotta with orange - video
- 5 Dessert with chocolate cream and egg whites
6 Panna Cotta with condensed milk and espresso jelly
- 6.1 Preparing the main layer
- 6.2 Making espresso jelly
- 7 Options for serving chocolate panna cotta in the photo
Boiled cream from the gastronomic center of Italy
Translated from Italian, Ranna-cotta means "boiled cream" or "boiled cream". The basis of the dessert is cream, sugar, vanillin, which are heated over low heat. Gelatin is introduced into the hot liquid, after which the mixture is poured into containers and cooled. The dessert is decorated with berries, fruits, caramel and chocolate. It tastes like a delicacy familiar from childhood - bird's milk.
Panna cotta was first prepared in the gastronomic center of Italy - Emilia Romagna. This city is the best place to cook "boiled cream". But not everyone can afford to go to Emilia Romagna for the perfect taste of the divine delicacy. It is unlikely that it will be possible to find a chef in Russia whose performance this dessert will not only delight the eye, but also make you delighted. Most restaurants will offer a creamy soufflé that tastes like a rubber sole. There is only one way out - to cook panna cotta yourself.
One of the hallmarks of a perfect dessert is a velvety cut surface
The perfect panna cotta
The dessert prepared according to all the rules will give you real pleasure. You can surprise even sophisticated guests with this delicacy. The ingredients for the classic recipe are as follows:
- gelatin - 8 g;
- cream 33% - 250 g;
- milk 3% - 125 g;
- sugar - 60 g;
- vanilla - 1 pod;
- lemon - 2 pcs.;
- sugar - 50 g;
- water - 50 g.
We collect the necessary products and proceed.
Gelatin, cream, sugar, lemon, milk and vanilla are the main ingredients of the basic recipe
Step by step recipe with photo
- Soak the gelatin in cold water.
- We prepare vanilla.
- We cook a mass of cream, milk, sugar and vanillin over low heat.
- Remove the vanilla pod halves.
- Add gelatin and mix gently with a whisk.
- We spread the mixture into molds, tighten with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for two hours.
- We remove from the forms, decorate and enjoy.
Now let's take a closer look at the cooking process:
- So that gelatin does not lose its gelling properties, it must be soaked in cold, and preferably in ice water. Follow the instructions on the package. The gelatin should swell and soften.
- Let's prepare the vanilla. Only a soft and moist vanilla stem will do. Cut the pod lengthwise into two parts and scrape the seeds from the halves of the stem with the blunt side of the knife. Obviously, neither the flavors nor the essences will work in this dessert the way a vanilla pod would.
- Place the container with cream, milk, sugar, seeds and halves of the vanilla stalk on the stove. Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring continuously and constantly monitoring the process. It is important to catch the moment when the mixture is ready to boil in order to remove it from the stove in time.
- The moment the first bubbles appear, remove the bowl from the heat. Remove the vanilla pod halves.
- Cool the mass to a temperature of 85 ° C, add gelatin into it, mix gently with a whisk, avoiding the appearance of air bubbles.
- Now you need silicone molds or other containers - glasses, wine glasses, coffee cups. We distribute the mixture in containers, place them on a dish, tighten with plastic wrap, leave in the refrigerator and wait until the gelatin hardens. To remove the panna cotta from porcelain or glass dishes, immerse the molds in hot water for 5-10 seconds.
By making panna cotta using this recipe, you will find that it tastes great. You will understand that everything worked out when you break off a piece with a spoon and see the velvety structure of the cut surface.
Basic recipe for chocolate panna cotta - gallery
Soak gelatin in cold water
Splitting a pod with vanilla
We heat a mass of cream, milk, sugar and vanilla over low heat
Remove the vanilla halves from the mixture
Add gelatin and gently mix the mixture
We take out the finished dessert from the molds and decorate
Chocolate panna cotta recipe - video
Perhaps someone will find it boring to contemplate a white dessert on a plate. No problem, decorate it with graceful caramel nets. For decor you will need:
- panna cotta molds;
We do the nets like this:
- Fold a sheet of foil in half.
- Make foil molds: wrap the panna cotta mold with paper, first turn it upside down, cut off the excess edges.
- Place sugar in a heatproof bowl and place over low heat. Cook until a thick caramel forms. Cool slightly: the caramel should stretch.
- Using a spoon, scatter the caramel randomly onto the foil mold so that a mesh forms.
- Wait for the caramel to harden and remove from the foil.
Diversify your dessert with such an unpretentious decoration as a caramel mesh
Eminent culinary experts often make this popular Italian dessert, making their own changes to the basic recipe. For example, Julia Vysotskaya includes kefir or mascarpone cream cheese in the recipe. And the next few options for making this extraordinary delicacy will certainly delight chocolate lovers.
Panna cotta with chocolate and orange jam
For the dark chocolate sauce you will need:
- cream 33% fat - 300 g;
- bitter chocolate - 125 g;
- orange peel.
- Place the chopped dark chocolate in a saucepan and fill it with hot cream, add the grated zest.
- It is important to completely dissolve the chocolate. To do this, beat the mixture with a whisk.
- We will use wine glasses as molds for the chocolate base. We place them at an angle in a container with high sides and a wide bottom.
- We pour the mass into wine glasses and put the container in a cold place for 1 hour.
Panna cotta option for chocolate lovers
Ingredients for Orange Jam Panna Cotta:
- gelatin - 10 g;
- orange jam - 60 g.;
- sugar - 100 g;
- milk - 125 g.
Cooking dessert like this:
- Pour gelatin with 35 ml of cold milk, put in a water bath, stir until completely dissolved.
- Bring the cream, sugar and the rest of the milk to a boil over low heat. Remove from heat and combine cream with gelatin, add orange jam. Stir the mixture thoroughly to distribute the gelatin.
- Cool to room temperature and pour over the chocolate pieces.
- We place the wine glasses on a flat dish, tighten with cling film and send them to the refrigerator until they solidify.
Puff chocolate panna cotta with orange - video
Dessert with chocolate cream and egg whites
The peculiarity of this recipe is the impeccable consistency of the dessert, which cannot be achieved using gelatin.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- cream - 350 g;
- sugar - 50 g;
- egg white - 2 pcs.;
- milk chocolate - 50 g;
- nuts or coconut for decoration.
- Boil 250 g of cream in a saucepan, let cool for 3 minutes.
- Beat the cooled egg white in a bowl, gradually adding sugar and cream. Pass the resulting mixture through a metal sieve, pour into molds.
- Pour some water into a pot with a wide bottom (about three fingers from the bottom surface), put the molds with the mixture in it and cook in a water bath at 100 ° for 45 minutes.
- Cool the mass and place in a cold place for 3 hours.
- While the mixture hardens, prepare the chocolate cream: dissolve the chocolate in a water bath, gradually add 100 g of cream and mix thoroughly.
- We take out the frozen mass from the refrigerator, take it out of the molds onto a serving dish, pour it with chocolate cream, decorate with nuts or coconut.
Thanks to the egg whites, the perfect consistency is achieved
Panna cotta with condensed milk and espresso jelly
Those who cannot imagine a morning without a cup of coffee will love the panna cotta recipe with espresso jelly. For cooking you will need:
- 2 tablespoons of milk;
- 2 teaspoons of powdered gelatin;
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream
- ¾ glasses of condensed milk with sugar;
- ¼ glasses of milk;
- ½ vanilla pod.
For espresso jelly you need:
- 250 ml freshly brewed espresso coffee;
- 80 g sugar;
- 2 tablespoons of coffee liqueur;
- 4 gelatinous leaves.
This dessert is perfect for those who cannot do without morning coffee.
Preparing the main layer
- Pour the instant gelatin with milk in a small bowl for 2-3 minutes and stir.
- Place the cream, condensed milk, milk and vanilla in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, add gelatin and whisk the mixture. Cool it down.
- Pour the mixture into glasses. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
Making espresso jelly
- Soak the gelatin leaves in cold water for a while.
- Add to freshly brewed espresso, sugar and coffee liqueur, heat in a saucepan over medium heat and stir. The sugar must dissolve!
- Bring mixture to a boil, remove from heat and add gelatin.
- Stir the mass until the gelatin is completely dissolved, cool.
Now remove the frozen panna cotta from the refrigerator and pour the espresso mixture into the glasses in a second layer. Put the glasses back in the refrigerator, after tightening them with plastic foil, leave until the dessert hardens completely. Serve the dessert with a spoonful of whipped cream, powdered with cocoa powder.
Options for serving chocolate panna cotta in the photo
Panna cotta chocolate flavor can be supplemented with cocoa or grated chocolate sprinkles
Dessert can be decorated with berries
Red berry syrup looks spectacular
Dessert can be served in portions in bowls
Striped panna cotta will look spectacular in a transparent glass
There is no doubt about the usefulness of a wonderful dessert. Thanks to the 18 amino acids contained in gelatin, Panna Cotta improves metabolism, improves mental performance and strengthens the heart muscle. Cream normalizes the metabolism of cholesterol and fats, prevents the development of atherosclerosis. Chocolate cheers up thanks to the hormone of happiness - endorphin. For an even healthier dessert, use a natural substitute like stevia instead of sugar. The taste of the dessert will not be affected, and the calorie content will decrease.
Popular by topic
Practical recommendations for creating a decorative reservoir in the garden. Necessary materials and tools, stage-by-stage performance of work
How to make a brick brazier yourself. A step-by-step description of the work, advice on choosing the type of barbecue and the necessary materials
Detailed description of the construction of a wooden porch. Materials used, work procedure step by step
DIY step-by-step instructions for building a simple children's sandbox. Different sandbox models
Description of the mixboard, styles, location. a step-by-step description of creating a flower garden. selection of plants for mixboard