Table of contents:
- Eco-veneer doors: uniqueness of material, installation, operation
- Features of production and performance of doors made of eco-veneer
- What are the doors made of eco-veneer, their distinctive features
- How to make doors from eco-veneer yourself
- How to properly install doors with eco-veneer coating
- Selection of accessories for veneered doors
- The use of eco-veneer doors for solving design problems
- Reviews about eco-veneer doors
Video: Interior Doors Eco-veneer: Application, Material Features, Installation And Operation
Eco-veneer doors: uniqueness of material, installation, operation
Interior doors made of natural wood are an indicator of prestige and security, but such an acquisition is not available to everyone. Eco-veneer models can become an economical alternative to expensive products. The high strength and attractiveness of the appearance of the door leaves allows you to choose the best option for residential premises with any design performance. It is almost impossible to distinguish eco-veneer from real wood by its external features, and modern additives in the composition of the material make it only more reliable and more resistant to mechanical stress.
1 Features of production and performance of doors made of eco-veneer
1.1 Video: the advantages of eco-veneer doors
2 What are the doors made of eco-veneer, their distinctive features
- 2.1 Description of interior doors made of eco-veneer
- 2.2 Doors for the bathroom
- 2.3 Blind door leaves
- 2.4 Features of side structures
- 2.5 Video: how to choose interior doors
3 How to make doors from eco-veneer yourself
- 3.1 What equipment are used for making doors from eco-veneer
- 3.2 Description of the process of pasting doors with an eco-veneer
4 How to properly install doors with eco-veneer coating
4.1 What points to pay attention to when installing an interior door structure
4.1.1 Video: how to install an interior door with your own hands
4.2 Is it possible to repair eco-veneer doors, how to do it correctly
4.2.1 Video: DIY door repair
5 Selection of accessories for veneered doors
5.1 Video: inserting a lock into an interior door
6 The use of eco-veneer doors to solve design problems
6.1 Photo gallery: eco-veneer doors in the interior
- 7 Reviews about eco-veneer doors
Features of production and performance of doors made of eco-veneer
A variety of colors and textures makes eco-veneer doors the most common among other models, but not all buyers are still aware of the advantages of this canvas.
The release of the material began relatively recently, and the products are classified under the CPL brand, which indicates the creation of a multi-layer canvas from wood fibers mixed with synthetic resins, using the latest technologies. Step-by-step pressing of eco-material ensures the impeccable strength and reliability of the products. The dyeing is carried out gradually, by impregnating the wood fibers with dyeing compounds.
Eco-veneer doors look presentable, but are inexpensive
In addition to external beauty, an eco-veneer door has a number of advantages:
- A special technology gives the product a shape that remains even under the influence of high humidity and temperature extremes.
- The texture and other external signs of the material are as close as possible to the wood, which can only be distinguished by an experienced specialist.
- Eco-veneer doors are covered with a protective layer that prevents premature abrasion and damage to the leaf.
- Multi-stage processing endows the material with strength, the level of which is inferior to even the most resistant wood.
- Thanks to the use in the production of safe synthetic compounds and natural fibers, finished products are environmentally friendly; unlike some lacquered materials, eco-veneer doors are treated with hypoallergenic resins.
- Despite the large number of impeccable indicators, anyone with an average income can buy interior doors. Natural veneer is more expensive in cost and is absolutely not resistant to mechanical damage, for example, it is easily chewed and scratched by pets.
- Eco-veneer allows you to make doors of any color and texture, so for lovers of expensive rare wood such models will be the best option. So, for a small cost, you can install doors in the room - an analogue of wenge models.
- The variety of coating colors allows you to choose a product for any interior.
- Regardless of the frequency of use and the degree of exploitation, eco-veneer is practical and durable, which makes it a unique raw material for the manufacture of doors.
- A special protective coating guarantees the preservation of the visual appeal and quality characteristics of the doors for many years of service. The factory warranty period significantly exceeds the time of using natural wood products.
Eco-veneer doors can be used in any room
Video: the advantages of eco-veneer doors
What are the doors made of eco-veneer, their distinctive features
All doors have their own classification, which is based on the place of installation of the future door leaf.
Description of interior doors made of eco-veneer
The leaf cladding is carried out in full - doors and other wooden parts are processed from all sides. Each part of the kit is assembled using dowels with subsequent gluing of seams. Due to the special assembly technology, the canvases retain their geometry throughout the entire period of use.
Eco-veneer is an artificial material, but ideally imitates the relief and pattern of real wood
For visual resemblance to wood, the eco-veneer is endowed with a similar texture and color scheme. The only distinguishing feature is the absence of knots inherent in natural wood products.
When choosing interior doors, it is important to remember the following points:
- Particular attention should be paid to the reliability and convenience of the door structure. To check the functionality of latches and locks, it is better to immediately try to close and open them (some mechanisms can operate only on the inner surface of the canvas or on the outside).
- When choosing, it is important to make sure of the environmental friendliness of the constituents of the material, as well as the degree of its fire safety. The technical data sheet of the product will help with this. It is not recommended to install models with glass inserts in children's rooms.
The color and design of the doors must match the interior of the room.
Interior doors made of eco-veneer can be of any color and configuration
- To make sure that the canvas is intact, you should carefully examine it, removing the original packaging and store labels, under which scratches or other defects may be hidden.
- The presence of an additional tinted layer may indicate a low quality coating.
- It is recommended to check the doors at the time they are received, because in a hurry you may not notice that instead of a canvas made of eco-veneer, a cheap laminate flaunts on the doors.
A quality product has a smooth, pleasant to the touch surface that is difficult to damage even with nails. Cheap material can immediately dent.
The rich color range of eco-veneer doors with its unique sophistication will emphasize the style of the room, add elements of comfort and add additional accents, making any interior elegant and unique.
- In shape, the door should be exactly rectangular, while the canvas tightly fits into the structure of the box with a difference between the ends of up to 1 mm; the size of all corners is maintained at 90 degrees.
- When closing the doors, there should be no overlaps or gaps.
- You should not completely trust the advice of consultants, who in some cases may be interested in selling low-quality products.
- The cost of the order may vary depending on whether the merchant provides delivery and installation services for the product. If the buyer himself has to do this, then he will have to pay much more than the original cost.
Doors for bathroom
When buying doors separately for a bath and a toilet, completely different requirements are imposed than with a similar purchase for a combined bathroom. As a rule, the bathroom is located next to the toilet, so the same products are selected from eco-veneer. Based on the specifics of the premises, the canvases are mounted taking into account the following features:
- constant high humidity provokes the deposition of water vapor on the door covering;
- in the bathroom, there is an inconsistency in the temperature regime, which can also negatively affect the doors;
- in the process of water procedures, splashes may fall on the eco-veneer structure;
- there is a high passability and attendance of the premises.
Eco-veneer can be moisture resistant
All these factors have a negative impact on the door leaf, so it should be:
- Moisture resistant. Doors must flawlessly cope with the effects of moisture, without accumulating it in their structure.
- Resistant to changes in temperature conditions.
- Easy to care for. Water droplets, residues of powder, soap and other detergents remain on the canvas, which requires regular cleaning.
- Equipped with quality fittings. Hinges and handles can quickly fail due to frequent opening and closing, so special attention should be paid to their quality.
Eco-veneer doors are a suitable option for both the bathroom and the toilet. They will not only decorate these premises, but will also steadfastly withstand the influence of negative factors. The only difference between such a structure and wood is low sound insulation, which is usually not critical when choosing doors.
Blind door leaves
A blind door is called a door that does not have glass inserts used as a decoration. Lovers of transparent products are offered a lot of options - all-glass structures, canvases with independent compositions or individual fragments. Depending on the design solution, the glass can have both a transparent and a matte surface.
Doors without glass inserts are not so picky in care, better protect the room from noise penetration, and also harmoniously fit into the interior.
Blind doors are soundproof
Features of side structures
Door leaves that have transverse strips (at least three) in their structure are called side strips. The peculiarity of such canvases is that the rigid frame made of strips and side posts can be easily supplemented with any auxiliary material. The stages of assembling the frame made of eco-veneer are similar in principle to paneled doors, but in the first case, the canvas turns out to be more durable and stable.
The presence of modules allows them to be replaced in the event of mechanical damage or according to design intent. Tsargovy door leaves are presented in the form of a constructor, which gives them impeccable practicality and additional decorative possibilities. During assembly, each structural element is individually connected to the cladding, which improves the performance of the entire model as a whole.
Rear doors are quite easy to repair
Video: how to choose interior doors
How to make doors from eco-veneer yourself
You can do the veneering of door leaves with your own hands. As a rule, it is only necessary to replace the old coating with an eco-veneer. All work is done in several stages:
- Removing the canvas, laying on a free surface.
- Removing the old decorative layer, sanding the canvas with sandpaper. For convenience, you can use a building hair dryer.
- Leveling the base. Putty on wood and a spatula will help to get rid of small cracks and depressions. After the mortar has completely dried, it is recommended to clean the surface again.
Cladding application. The veneer is offered in two versions - on an adhesive and on a regular basis. For a standard door structure (90 × 200 cm), 2.5 m of sheet material will be needed.
Eco-veneer can be on an adhesive or regular basis
The veneer application technology itself depends on the type of material:
The adhesive sheet is thoroughly heated before gluing, for example, with an iron.
To fix the eco-veneer on the door leaf, you need to use an iron
- For the installation of glueless material, wood glue is used, and for processing the outside, a varnish composition. In order for the varnish to lay down evenly, it is recommended to apply it on a horizontally exposed door. The canvas is covered with three layers, while for the first layer, furniture nitro varnish is used, and for the second and third - diluted nitro varnish (in a 1: 1 ratio).
This instruction allows you to cope with finishing the door leaf yourself. The only difficulty in this case can be the achievement of high-quality fastening of the eco-veneer to the main frame due to the lack of a professional press. You can replace such an installation with several bags of sand, which will provide the desired degree of gravity for the material.
What equipment is used for making doors from eco-veneer
A high-quality assembly of a door leaf requires specialized equipment, each unit of which has its own operation.
- The main part of the product is harvested on a milling machine. At this stage, the connecting elements of the entire structure are also created, for example, spikes and grooves.
- Door frames are glued on special presses. The same device will be needed at the stage of attaching the overhead elements. Different scales of work require their own devices. If we are talking about the production of products in large volumes, then you need a professional tool, for a single production it is advisable to purchase a small press.
- Working with a bar and laying the door leaf format is carried out using circular saws.
- Finishing and other small operations are impossible without a set of carpentry tools: clamps, jigsaw, grinder, stapler.
For the manufacture of door panels from eco-veneer, special equipment is used
Description of the process of pasting doors with eco-veneer
When gluing a veneer covering to a door structure, usually there are no difficulties, and in order to obtain a high-quality canvas, it is recommended to adhere to the following recommendations.
- Before you start working with the veneer, it must be thoroughly dried, otherwise there is a high probability of cracks forming during the shrinkage process.
It is better to glue the material across the fibers of the base.
It is possible to glue eco-veneer only on a perfectly flat surface.
- To avoid the appearance of defects at the joints, you need to start pasting with small strips of veneer (30–40 mm). If a gap does not appear on the dried structure, then you can proceed to the main stage.
- The blistering sites are opened with a knife, after which they are filled with glue with a syringe and ironed. When using an expensive eco-veneer, you can use cotton fabric as a lining.
The door cladding starts from the middle of the structure, keeping the geometry of the pattern. From the edges of the product, you should retreat 10 cm on each side, and after finishing the work, carefully cut them off.
The roller smoothes the eco-veneer sheet for even gluing
- For even pressure, the veneer can be smoothed out with a roller.
- Glue is applied along the edges of the material, and then the product is placed under a press. It is easy to disguise glue streaks by painting the surface.
- Products made from eco-veneer require processing with a protective varnish, but there are models that do not need such a coating.
How to properly install doors with eco-veneer coating
The instructions below will help you install the door leaf made of eco-veneer:
Checking the condition and measuring the doors. Here it is important to make sure that the specialists packed and brought exactly the doors that were selected in the store.
It is necessary to carefully check that all parts are in stock
- Marking. For work, masking tape and a simple pencil will be enough. If the doors open to the right, then glue a piece of scotch tape in the upper right corner of the product, while signing the installation location, for example, "toilet". Doors with glass inserts have a glossy surface on one side and a matte finish on the other.
- Laying canvases on a cardboard or foam pad with marks up.
- Marking the location of the loops. With the help of a building angle and a knife, 20 cm is measured from the edge of the canvas and a notch is made. The hinges are measured and the dimensions are applied to the door (in width and length).
Cutting the hole for the hinges with a router. A short cutter with a diameter of 14 mm will suffice. First, the device is adjusted according to the width of the loop, after which the central and then the extreme part of the veneer layer is cut out for the hinges. In places where the cutter could not remove the layer, the material should be processed with a chisel.
Using a chisel, cut out the hinge openings at the end of the door
Preparing holes for self-tapping screws fixing the hinges.
For a secure installation, you can use dowels
- Cutting the door frame post parts. There will be 4 right and 4 left constructions in total. The cutting angle is 45 degrees.
Marking the location of the loops on the post elements. So, the left part is applied to the left side of the door, taking into account a gap of 3 mm, after which the markings for the hinges are transferred from one structure to another as follows:
- the corner is placed on the edge of the loop;
- the distance to the edge of the doors is measured;
- a similar segment is laid with the addition of 1 mm per box.
- Cutting and drilling of strut parts for hinges.
- The lower gap between the door structure and the floor should be about 1 cm, the excess should be cut off with a miter saw.
Preparing the top of the box:
- saw cut in half at an angle of 45 degrees;
- laying the sawn-off half on top of the canvas.
- Fixing hinges to door leaves, assembling the entire structure. For work, you should prepare a 3 mm drill in advance, a set of self-tapping screws 45-50 mm.
- Installing the frame in the doorway. To do this, you first need to drill holes where the screws will be screwed in. For concrete and brick bases, a puncher and plastic dowels are used.
Wedging and adjustment of the door frame.
Wooden wedges can be made by yourself from unnecessary wood blocks
Fixing the canvas with inserted loops. For a high-quality assembly, it is recommended to work in pairs; in the absence of an assistant, you must use a special wedge to install the canvas. The wedge moves with its free foot until the upper loop is in the right place, after which it must be fastened to one self-tapping screw. The lower loop is attached in the same sequence.
The wedge moves with the free leg until the top loop is in the right place
Adjusting the gaps and foaming the door leaf. For the door to be well fixed, at first it is enough to make a few tacks, and after all the verification measurements, you can apply foam around the entire perimeter of the product.
Keep in mind that the foam will increase in size as it dries, so fill the vertical seam from below by one third of the total volume of the seams.
- Installation of door handles. It is usually carried out at a distance of 1 m from the bottom edge of the doors.
Fastening platbands to finishing nails.
Finishing nails have a small head, thanks to which they are almost invisible on the surface
What points to pay attention to when installing an interior door structure
Achieve high-quality installation will allow constant monitoring of the work, as well as taking into account the following points:
- Before installing the product, you must make sure that there are no external defects in the base, which would further distort the box. To do this, align the adjoining walls and floor. As soon as the old door is removed, the opening is adjusted and reinforced with a bar.
Veneer doors are produced complete with strips, but when purchasing individual sheets, it is allowed to use a ready-made opening. In the second case, a solid door leaf is prepared on a machine or with a hand mill - holes for locks and other accessories are drilled.
The door with the trap should fit snugly against each other
- When starting to install doors, it is recommended to make sure that you have the necessary tools, assembly glue, foam, pencil, level and other devices. A trap is attached to the foam - one cylinder is enough for several structures. In the presence of a decorated doorway, only the hinges are fastened, after which the door can be hung.
Eco-veneer products will last longer if you care for them properly. Such a door has impeccable moisture resistance, so it lends itself to wet cleaning with a soft cloth. Detergents with abrasives, solvents and alkalis, as well as hard metal sponges are excluded. To care for the glass inserts, a soap solution is sufficient.
To care for doors made of eco-veneer, wet cleaning is enough
- Lightweight compared to other finishes, doors need careful handling. So, in order to preserve the original beauty of the coating, it is enough to exclude sharp blows.
Video: how to install an interior door with your own hands
Is it possible to repair eco-veneer doors, how to do it correctly
Depending on the quality of the purchased product and the operating conditions, chips, cracks, and layers of peeling paint appear on it over time. Depending on the degree of destruction, any doors made of eco-veneer can be restored by hand.
Surface preparation. At this stage, the scope of work is examined, the necessary tools and materials are collected. The door leaf should be removed from its hinges and laid horizontally.
If swelling is detected, act as quickly as possible, since if you do not react immediately, then cracks or cracks will appear.
Elimination of material swelling. The main reason for this damage is a violation of the technology for gluing veneer sheets. Timely repairs will help avoid cracking of the canvas. A swollen surface can be treated in several ways. Firstly, to level the coating, it is enough to apply a hot iron for a few seconds. Secondly, to restore the elasticity of the material, it is allowed to use a damp cloth. Thirdly, glue can be poured into the bubble.
The iron is set to medium heat, the door leaf is preliminarily covered with a damp cloth and left for 10 minutes, then the hot iron is applied to the surface for literally a few seconds
- Dealing with serious injuries. At this stage, you cannot do without patches, which are made of the same material as the door in use.
- Places of defects are cut out in the form of windows, according to the size of which pieces of the coating are prepared. The patch should be laid in such a way that it is not visible against the background of the doors. It is better to cut the material with a scalpel and across the fibers to avoid splitting the wood.
With minor flaws, it is necessary to achieve a perfect door surface. So, in the presence of chips and scratches, you will need a putty for wood. After complete drying of the treated area, sanding and priming must be performed.
The door is cleaned with sandpaper: first coarse and then fine
In the places of the windows, a patch of the appropriate size is glued onto an adhesive strip.
Damaged spots in the facing layer should be removed and "patches" should be made from a veneer suitable for texture and shape
The main work associated with the repair of the door can be considered:
- Surface restoration in the presence of minor defects. It is carried out with liquid wax or wax pencil. In the first case, the canvas is thoroughly washed and sanded with fine-grain sandpaper. Next, a scratch is poured with hot wax; to remove the excess, it is enough to grind the material with a rag. The second option (with a wax pencil) involves preliminary grinding of the material, followed by distribution of the mass at the site of damage. Do not paint or varnish the doors after waxing, otherwise the wax coating will begin to crack.
Use natural wax to hide scratches
Restoration of veneered structures by painting and varnishing. For work, varnish, transparent varnish or paint to match the color of the door leaf can be useful. There is no particular difference between these processing methods, so you can choose any of them. Before starting treatment, the repair of possible defects and priming of the surface are carried out. To avoid the formation of smudges, it is recommended to paint the doors horizontally.
Do not use a roller, as it will not achieve the desired uniformity
- Repair of products made of eco-veneer is carried out with paints on a water, polyurethane and Giftal base. The use of nitro paints is completely excluded due to the emerging stains over the entire surface of the doors. For complete drying of the layer, 1-2 days are enough, after which the canvas is hung on the hinges. For the visual appeal of the entire structure, it is recommended to restore not only doors, but also frames.
Video: DIY door repair
Selection of accessories for veneered doors
The functionality of the doors largely depends on the correct selection and installation of the necessary hardware. When choosing additional elements, the emphasis is on the preferences and budget of the buyer, and the number of components depends on the size of the door leaf.
The set of fittings is represented by the following components:
- Hinges - Provide smooth opening and closing.
- Door handles - not only guarantee the ease of use of doors, but are also a decorative element.
- Closers - prevent abrupt closing of doors, thereby prolonging their useful life.
Regardless of the place of installation and purpose, any product must be of high quality and functional, and the use of inappropriate fittings is fraught with door defects as a whole.
Door handles are:
- depending on the opening mechanism - rotary and push-button (push);
- at the place of use - interior, entrance, plumbing (bathroom);
- from the material used in the manufacture - from non-ferrous metal, brass and cast iron (produced from alloys), steel with nickel spraying. Outwardly beautiful, but short-lived glass and wood handles.
The choice of door handles is carried out taking into account the weight and thickness of the door leaf.
The color of the door handle must match the color of the door
Loops can be:
- demountable - allow you to easily remove the door if dismantling is necessary;
- one-piece - they guarantee reliable fastening of doors with a frame.
Also loops are divided into two-sided and one-sided. Double-sided allow you to open the doors and from yourself and to yourself. One-sided means opening the door in one direction only. Interior doors are often hung on one-sided hinges.
Fixed hinges are more difficult to install, but more reliable and stronger to use
The hinge installation process must be approached with great care and attention. Even a slight error of 0.3–0.5 mm when cutting a groove for the hinges will damage the canvas or box. Due to such a defect, an unacceptable gap is formed for the operation of the product. The hinges are installed on the same level in the box and on the canvas.
All work can be divided into several stages:
- Having retreated 20 cm from the edge of the door, a mark is made for the beginning of the fastening of the element, after which the hinges are applied to apply a second mark at the point of their end.
- Milling. If the door was covered with a shipping film, then it must be removed at least from the place of future fasteners. Using a router, a recess of the desired size is cut in the canvas. If necessary, the groove is processed with a chisel until sharp corners are formed.
- Checking the correct preparation of the grooves for the hinges and drilling the holes for the fasteners.
- Working with the door frame: fastening the frame to the doors, transferring the markings under the hinges, milling the grooves in the box.
- Installation of hinges on self-tapping screws. In the case of collapsible hinges, one part is fixed to the canvas, the other to the door frame.
When using interior doors, it is often necessary to close them smoothly and silently, which can be achieved by installing special mechanisms - door closers. Thanks to these elements, there will be no more noise when the doors are closed. The choice of such fittings is based on the weight of the structure and the width of the web.
Thanks to the door closer, the door will not slam
There is a great demand for closers with incomplete closing, thanks to which constant natural ventilation is provided in the room by means of the inflow of fresh air.
The fittings are endowed not only with decorative functions, but also provide protection for the room. For these purposes, a variety of eyes (optical fittings), latches and chains are offered. When buying a peephole, it is important to ensure that the maximum viewing angle of the space and the minimum diameter are ensured to increase safety. A peephole with plastic optics at a low cost is significantly inferior in image clarity to more expensive glass models.
Video: inserting a lock into an interior door
The use of eco-veneer doors for solving design problems
Natural veneer in modern technology can be used for the manufacture of various models of interior doors:
- The most popular today are doors based on light and bleached oak, as well as wenge canvases of various shades.
- Structures with an artificially aged wooden surface look original.
- Light wood acquires a unique shade thanks to the patting method.
Photo gallery: eco-veneer doors in the interior
The design of sliding-type interior doors is very convenient in the conditions of small city apartments, in which every centimeter of free space is saved
If the doors from different rooms in the apartment go into the same corridor, then it makes sense to buy them in the same color and style: this principle will allow not to violate the integrity of the perception of space
Minimalist style prefers a flat surface without decorations, natural cool shades
A dark door should match in color and texture either with the floor, or with furniture in the room, or with the color of the walls: any of these rules works well and creates color harmony
In a small room, light interior doors in the interior help to visually increase the area if they repeat the color of the wall against which they are located
The principle of combining walls and doors is often used in small rooms in order to visually expand the area of the room.
The classic technique is to combine flooring and doors: such a union always looks harmonious
The design of the door should correspond to the general semantic idea of the room or apartment as a whole, correspond to the chosen style of decoration
White, beige, sand, pastel colors are great for interiors in a rustic, antique, classic style
Doors located in the same room may have the same shape and pattern, but differ in color
For interiors decorated in bright colors, it is worth choosing doors in more neutral colors.
White interior doors in the interior create a feeling of lightness and airiness
Reviews about eco-veneer doors
The impeccable qualities of eco-veneer allow you to make door structures from it at reasonable prices without compromising the quality of finished products. The material contains only natural ingredients that have undergone vacuum pressing processing. When choosing doors made of this material, not only the impeccability of the appearance, indistinguishable from expensive wood species, is guaranteed, but also high quality, surpassing wood in many respects.
Popular by topic
Types of organic fertilizers, practical recommendations for the production and use of compost and other fertilizers
Tips for preparing hot drinks. necessary products, the sequence of preparation of mulled wine, chocolate, coffee and tea with the addition of spices
Practical recommendations for creating a decorative reservoir in the garden. Necessary materials and tools, stage-by-stage performance of work
How to use ash correctly as fertilizer for the garden and vegetable garden. Ash types, its effect on different types of soil
How to make a brick brazier yourself. A step-by-step description of the work, advice on choosing the type of barbecue and the necessary materials