Table of contents:
- My glossy stretch ceiling according to all the rules
- We take care of the stretch ceiling correctly
- Basic rules for wet cleaning a glossy ceiling
- Video: stretch ceilings care
My glossy stretch ceiling according to all the rules
Your stretch glossy ceiling, if installed correctly, will require virtually no maintenance. The only thing that can happen is tarnishing, and to get rid of it, the ceiling needs to be washed. We will talk about the specifics of this procedure, as well as about the features of care, in this article.
We take care of the stretch ceiling correctly
Basically, any kind of stretch ceiling - white, colored, matte or glossy - doesn't require much maintenance. Its surface is antistatic and does not attract dust. The maximum that is required is to clean the ceiling a couple of times a year.
Exceptions are rooms with high humidity and frequent dirt, such as bathrooms and kitchens. Even a good hood above the stove will not eliminate the appearance of soot on the ceiling over time. And in the bathroom, even despite the curtain, spray scatters in all directions. Soapy water leaves whitish stains on the stretch ceiling.
Ceilings in rooms such as balconies, loggias and corridors in private homes are also regularly contaminated. Street dust settles on the stretch canvas, especially in summer.
Stretch ceiling care can be of three types:
- dry cleaning with a vacuum cleaner;
- dry cleaning - rubbing with a flannel cloth;
- wet cleaning, or washing the ceiling.
In the first case, a vacuum cleaner is needed only to remove the cobweb from the ceiling. Manufacturers of special products for washing stretch ceilings recommend this method, but you need to use it as carefully as possible so as not to damage the coating. And only if the ceiling was installed correctly and without errors.
Stretch glossy ceilings do not require special maintenance: their surface is protected from dust by an antistatic agent
If the ceiling is slightly dirty, it is enough to wipe it thoroughly with a flannel cloth. 10% ammonia will help to restore the shine of the faded surface. You can also use a long soft bristle brush for dry cleaning.
Wet cleaning of the ceiling is required only if persistent dirt has appeared on the surface. We will talk about this in more detail.
Basic rules for wet cleaning a glossy ceiling
Stretch ceiling requires care in handling. If you want it to always sparkle with cleanliness and not be damaged during the washing process, adhere to the basic conditions.
- Use only a soft sponge in your work. Hard material (and even more so a brush) will scratch the gloss, deform it or even tear the film material.
- Moisten a soft sponge in a light soapy solution so that there are no stains on the ceiling that will have to be washed off more thoroughly. Rinse with light circular motions in the direction of the weld.
- Be sure to remove all jewelry from your hands before washing. Firstly, it is easy to scratch the surface with them, and secondly, they themselves can deteriorate during cleaning.
- A minimum of mechanical stress must be applied to a glossy ceiling. Do not use abrasive cleaners, creams and powders with solid particles, including soda.
- It is best to use a spray containing ammonia. Glass cleaners (but only colorless) are excellent - they will not leave streaks and will give the ceiling surface shine.
- Do not use a mop when cleaning the ceiling. Wash only by hand, gently and without pressure. In addition, do not try to polish the gloss too much: you can damage the film.
When buying preparations for washing the ceiling, be sure to read the composition. In no case should the product contain acetone. Also, some chemicals can harm the coating: soften it, change color, completely remove it.
When washing a stretch glossy ceiling, use soft cloths or sponges and special products
Video: stretch ceilings care
Stretch ceilings are a great invention that will save us a lot of trouble. We hope our advice will be useful to you and will help you get the job done quickly and efficiently. Ask your questions on the topic in the comments. Good luck to you!