Table of contents:
- Japanese cotton biscuit: making an airy treat without mistakes
- How to make Japanese cotton biscuit: a step by step recipe
- Basic mistakes of beginners
- Video: cotton sponge cake in vegetable oil
Video: Japanese Cotton Custard Biscuit: Recipe With Photo Step By Step
Japanese cotton biscuit: making an airy treat without mistakes
The name of this wonderful biscuit is not without reason crept in the word "cotton". When cooked correctly, it turns out to be light, fluffy and truly airy - like a cotton boll blooming in a cloud on a stem. The main thing is not to violate the technology and observe the temperature regime.
How to make Japanese cotton biscuit: a step by step recipe
If you have already come across a similar recipe, but with butter cream in the composition, then it was not about a biscuit, but about a cotton cheesecake - a tasty thing, but not so tender and loose. Now we invite you to try your hand at baking a biscuit.
The airy pulp of this biscuit is compared to cotton wool.
You will need:
- 7 eggs;
- 90 g sugar;
- 80 g flour;
- 80 ml of cream of any fat content;
- 60 g butter;
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar;
- a pinch of salt.
For 6 eggs, separate the whites from the yolks.
It is important that not a drop of yolk gets into the whites, otherwise they will not beat
Set the whites aside (you can chill them in the refrigerator to whisk them more easily), and combine the yolks with the last egg, sugar, vanilla sugar and beat until the mass almost doubles. It will take 7-10 minutes.
Some people whip the yolks without sugar, adding it to the protein, but you can do as you are used to
Continuing to beat the yolks, gradually - in portions of 2-3 tbsp. l. - add sifted flour and cream.
Add flour and cream in small portions
Melt the butter, let it cool slightly and pour it into the resulting mass in a trickle. Stir.
It is better to melt the butter in a water bath or in the microwave - this will prevent it from burning if you are distracted
Combine the egg whites with salt and beat until soft, rounded peaks.
Add a spoonful of lemon juice to the proteins and they will beat faster.
- Gently insert the whites into the dough, stirring them from bottom to top in one direction. At this stage, act especially carefully: if the proteins are poorly distributed in the total mass, the biscuit will not be splendid.
Use a silicone spatula to avoid damaging the whipped egg bubbles while stirring the dough
Place the dough in a lined baking paper and oiled tin.
The dough will turn out to be liquid
- Put the future biscuit in an oven preheated to 170 ° and bake for about 20 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 150 ° and wait another 20 minutes. Do not open the door!
Place a couple of tins of water under the wire rack to prevent the biscuit from burning
After turning off the oven, wait about a quarter of an hour, remove the biscuit from the mold and cool.
The finished biscuit will sag slightly, do not be alarmed
Basic mistakes of beginners
You followed the recipe strictly, but the biscuit failed. What's the matter?
- Lack of pomp - you haven't whipped the whites well enough.
- The biscuit is heavily opal - you did not mix the proteins into the dough well or you opened the oven early.
- The dough is too dense - you have gone too far with sugar or failed the flour.
In the classic version, the biscuit is cut in half lengthwise and smeared with strawberry cream. But I didn't have time to defrost strawberries and look for heavy cream, so cottage cheese, whipped with condensed milk, went into business. It turned out very well.
Video: cotton sponge cake in vegetable oil
Cotton biscuit is quite capricious in preparation, but if you approach the matter with diligence and follow the recipe exactly, you will surely succeed. And you can be sure that it will not sit on the table.