Table of contents:
Video: Pitted Cherry Jam: Recipes For The Winter And Not Only
2023 Author: Bailey Albertson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 12:29
Pitted cherry jam: subtleties and recipes
On winter evenings, when the sunny summer is so lacking, a jar of delicious, aromatic and beautiful cherry jam will delight you. It is not a shame to serve such a treat to guests, especially if there are no seeds in the berries, because eating it is a real pleasure. How to make an original treat?
1 Secrets of housewives "with experience"
1.1 Preparation of berries
1.1.1 Video: how to remove seeds from berries with a pin
1.2 Subtleties of preparation
1.2.1 Video: sterilizing cans in the oven
2.1.1 Video: cherries in their own juice
- 2.2 With gelatin
2.3 From white cherries
1 Video: White Cherry Jam
- 2.4 Sugar Free
- 2.5 With fruit
- 2.6 With walnuts
Secrets of experienced housewives
Before embarking on a search for a suitable recipe, it is worth taking note of the advice of experienced housewives who have already had to cook cherry jam.
Preparation of berries
When selecting berries for conservation, 3 points are important:
- The jam will be made from any kind of cherry, but the most intense and aromatic delicacy comes from Francis, Trushenskaya and Napoleon (black and pink).
- Choose only ripe fruit for a sweet but not sugary taste.
- Discard spoiled, rotten berries immediately: such fruits are suitable only for making jam.
For making jam, only ripe, undamaged berries, without traces of rot are suitable
Rinse the berries selected for preservation thoroughly with warm running water, free from cuttings. After that, proceed with the removal of the seeds. The modern consumer can easily find a specially designed device in hardware stores and supermarkets that will make the process quick and easy. However, you can get by with the means at hand, using a safety pin or hairpin. In this case, the bone is removed as follows:
- Take a berry with one hand.
- With the other hand, insert a pin or hairpin (loop down) into the middle of the fruit where the peduncle is attached.
- Pick up the bone and remove it in a circular motion.
Video: how to remove seeds from berries with a pin
The subtleties of cooking
Simple recommendations will help you make delicious jam without unnecessary hassle:
- cook a treat in an enamel pan or stainless steel vessel with a thick bottom, using a wooden spatula for stirring;
- preparation of conservation is carried out in several stages: heat for a certain time, allow to cool, repeat several times, this technology allows you to preserve the shape of the berries;
- to increase the storage time, hot jam is laid out in sterile jars and rolled up with sterilized lids.
Jars can be sterilized over steam, in boiling water, in a microwave oven, in a multicooker and in other ways, housewives often use an oven for this purpose:
- Inspect the cans: there should be no chips or cracks, otherwise the container will explode under the influence of high temperature.
- Wash containers with laundry soap or soda, wipe dry with a clean towel.
- Place the jars on the wire rack in a cold oven, bottom up.
- Turn on low heat and heat the oven to 130–150 ° C.
- Sterilize jars for a quarter of an hour. The processing time for three-liter containers is 25 minutes.
- Putting on potholders (they must be dry, otherwise the glass may crack from temperature changes), take out the container and turn it upside down on clean towels.
You can sterilize jars intended for cherry jam in any way, for example, in the oven
Wash the lids with baking soda or laundry soap, scald with boiling water or boil for 5-7 minutes.
Video: sterilizing cans in the oven
Pitted sweet cherry jam can be prepared in several ways, let's dwell on the most popular and "delicious" ones.
The richest taste for a delicacy brewed without adding water:
- Place the prepared cherries in a saucepan in which the jam will be prepared.
- Cover the berries with an equal amount of sugar and leave for 5–6 hours: the fruits should start juicing.
- Place the bowl on the fire, after boiling simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning. You do not need to cover the pan with a lid: this will help the excess moisture evaporate faster.
- Turn off the heat, wait for the jam to cool completely and repeat the five-minute heating, removing the resulting foam, let it cool.
- Boil the mass again over low heat for 5 minutes.
Video: cherries in their own juice
Fans of indulging in pancakes with thick jam that does not spread will like the recipe with gelatin:
- Pour 2 kg of cherries with 600 g of sugar and wait 5–6 hours for the fruits to let juice.
- Boil, removing the foam, and simmer over low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- At this time, dissolve 60 g of gelatin in 400 ml of cold water.
- Pour the prepared liquid into a saucepan with jam and immediately stir well, otherwise lumps cannot be avoided.
- After boiling, pour the hot preservation into sterile jars.
When added to sweet cherry jam, gelatin will provide a thick, jam-like texture to the treat
An original jam comes out of white cherries, berries in it are of a beautiful, amber color:
- Pour 100 ml of water into a saucepan and add 1 kg of sugar.
- Over low heat, stirring constantly, heat the liquid until the sugar dissolves.
- Put 1 kg of berries in the syrup so that the fruits are completely immersed in the liquid.
- Boil and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Turn off the stove.
- After 3-4 hours, repeat the heating for 5 minutes. Cool for 3-4 hours.
- Boil the jam for the third time, add to the mass a quarter of the lemon, cut into slices along with the zest.
- Simmer on low heat for 15–20 minutes.
- Add 1 g of vanillin a few seconds before turning off the stove, stir the jam and arrange in sterile jars.
Video: white cherry jam
The guardians of the figure can take note of the recipe without sugar, it is advisable to use sweet yellow cherries to make such a jam:
- Put 1 kg of cherries in a saucepan.
- Pour water into a basin and immerse a saucepan with berries in it, put on fire.
- Wait for the liquid to boil and simmer the fruits in a steam bath for 2 hours: juice should stand out in large quantities.
- Remove the saucepan with cherries from the stove, cover with cling film and let stand for a quarter of an hour.
- Put the workpiece in sterile jars, roll up.
For assorted jams, it is better to use black and red cherries:
- Put 1 kg of cherries and apples (2 fruits) chopped on a grater into a large saucepan.
- Pour the juice of 4 oranges into the total mass, chop the citrus zest into small pieces and also send to the pan.
- Pour berries and fruits with 1 kg of sugar and put on low heat.
- After boiling, cook until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Boil the mixture over high heat for 5–8 minutes and put it hot in jars, roll up.
For making jam "experienced" recommend using sweet and sour apples: in combination with juicy cherries, they are especially good
Sweet cherry jam with "edible bone" will delight both children and adults:
- In each cherry (you need 1 kg of berries), place a piece of walnut instead of a bone.
- Pour 350 ml of water with 1 kg of sugar, boil and heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the syrup into a saucepan with prepared fruits and leave for 3 hours.
- Simmer the mixture over low heat until the berries become transparent.
- Introduce the juice and vanillin squeezed from one lemon (on the tip of a knife), after 2 minutes turn off the stove.
- Arrange hot jam in sterile jars.
Pitted sweet cherry jam is served as a separate treat for tea, you can spread it on crispy toast or use it as a filling for sweet pies and pancakes, add to smoothies, cereals and fruit salads. A wise hostess manages to pamper loved ones with juicy berries even in winter.