Table of contents:
- Combining wallpaper in the kitchen: options and combination rules
- Combined wallpaper in the kitchen: all the pros and cons
- Kitchen design rules with combined wallpaper
- Features of different combination options
- Combining wallpaper by color
- Style for the kitchen with combined wallpaper
- Photo gallery: kitchen interior with different wallpapers
Video: How To Combine Wallpaper In The Kitchen: Combination Rules, Photos Of Original Solutions
Combining wallpaper in the kitchen: options and combination rules
Combining wallpaper is a popular and simple solution that allows you to create a stylish room design without much hassle. To do this, you just need to take into account some design rules, choose the pattern and color of the wallpaper. Complementing such a finish with a spectacular decor will provide a cozy and stylish look for a kitchen of any size.
- 1 Combined wallpaper in the kitchen: all pros and cons
- 2 Rules for kitchen design with combined wallpaper
3 Features of different combinations
- 3.1 How to highlight the accent area
- 3.2 Vertical combination of wallpaper in the kitchen
- 3.3 Combining horizontally
- 3.4 Patchwork style in the kitchen
- 3.5 Wallpaper and other finishes
- 3.6 Photo wallpaper and regular wallpaper
4 Combining wallpaper by color
- 4.1 Wallpaper of the same color range
- 4.2 Contrast combinations
- 4.3 Solid and variegated wallpapers
- 4.4 Video: features of gluing and combining wallpaper with a pattern
- 5 Style for the kitchen with combined wallpaper
- 6 Photo gallery: kitchen interior with different wallpapers
Combined wallpaper in the kitchen: all the pros and cons
In the kitchen, non-woven or vinyl wallpaper is used, which is easy to clean, resistant to light damp cleaning and is available in different versions. These or other types of wallpaper can be easily combined in the setting, using options with different patterns or contrasting shades. This finish is suitable for all interior styles and has a number of features.
Wallpaper combination is popular in the kitchen dining area
Advantages of a combined finish using wallpaper in the kitchen:
- the ability to create a unique kitchen design;
- it is easy to visually adjust the parameters of the room;
- application of original solutions for finishing;
- the possibility of space zoning;
- the dynamism of even a modest room design.
Wallpaper in contrasting colors can be easily combined with each other
Disadvantages of combined wallpaper in the kitchen:
- the need for a careful choice of decor, furniture and other interior items;
- when combining, it is important to choose the right wallpaper that harmoniously complements each other;
- it is important to be accurate when cutting the web along or joining the wallpaper on the wall.
When combining wallpaper, it is important to choose the right colors.
Kitchen design rules with combined wallpaper
It is necessary to combine different wallpapers in the kitchen, taking into account certain rules and knowledge of the characteristics of the room. For example, vertical striped wallpaper located in the upper part of the wall and combined with plain canvases will help to visually raise the ceiling. There are several similar rules that are important in the design of a kitchen with combined wallpaper:
- finishing material should correspond to the chosen style of the room design. For example, in country or Provence style, wallpaper with a floral print is appropriate, which should be combined with plain colors. For modern design, canvases are chosen without a pattern or with a light geometric print;
- if you want a smooth transition between the combined wallpaper, then you need to choose a cover with patterns of approximately the same size. For contrast between the canvases, prints of different sizes are appropriate;
- you should not combine materials of completely different price categories and types, for example, paper and fabric rolls;
- you cannot combine two bright, printed and variegated types of coating, using them on all walls of the kitchen. This will make the environment stressful and tasteless;
- a universal solution for a kitchen of any size is a combination of plain and patterned wallpapers of different shades of the same color palette;
- wallpaper should be of the same thickness, which will ensure smooth joints when finishing;
- if a visual separation of a large kitchen is required, then it is allowed to use wallpaper in different styles according to the zone. For example, in the kitchen, country-style wallpaper is used, and in the dining room, a covering with classic twisted patterns;
- for narrow and small kitchens, it is best to choose light wallpaper without a bright and large print.
Features of different combination options
You can combine wallpaper in the kitchen in different ways, but you should always take into account the peculiarities of one or another option. This will allow you to correctly create accents in the interior, visually adjust the space and emphasize the chosen interior style.
It is important to combine wallpaper with a print with each other correctly
How to highlight the accent area
One of the popular options for combining different wallpapers is to highlight the accent area. Most often, this is the wall near the dining table, but you can select an area with a headset or another place. To do this, you need to place bright or pale wallpaper in the area that will become the accent, and paste over the remaining walls with canvases opposite in tone. Wall murals are often chosen for accent. In this case, other walls can be pasted over with a neutral coating without a catchy pattern or similar in shade, but also without a pattern.
Bright wallpaper allows you to highlight the area with the dining table
Vertical combination of wallpaper in the kitchen
You can balance a long and narrow room with a vertical combination of different wallpapers. Most often, with this design, wallpaper is used with stripes or with patterns located linearly and vertically. In this case, the combination can be symmetrical or asymmetrical. In the first case, the wall is pasted over on both sides with canvases with wide vertical stripes, and in the center there is wallpaper with a contrasting color with a small pattern. In the second situation, one of the walls is decorated with wallpaper with wide stripes, and the rest are of different sizes.
Striped wallpaper is effective for visually increasing the height of the ceiling
The horizontal method of combining different wallpapers is suitable for a kitchen with a ceiling height of at least 2.6 meters. You can use this method in any design style. At the same time, the walls are separated by wallpaper in a horizontal plane, that is, some wallpapers are located in the upper part, and the walls are pasted over with others at the bottom. This technique allows you to combine not only wallpaper, but also PVC or MDF panels, ceramic tiles, mounting them at the bottom of the walls. In this case, the upper area is pasted over with wallpaper.
When combined horizontally, you can use contrasting shades
Patchwork style in the kitchen
Patchwork is a patchwork, applique and other types of creativity, where you can make compositions from parts. According to this principle, it is convenient to combine ceramic tiles in the apron area, and on the remaining walls they combine wallpaper, for example, plain and with a variegated pattern. Moreover, they are glued not with canvases, but in pieces, creating a composition in a patchwork style. It is difficult to implement such a technique, it takes a lot of time and preliminary drawing up of a plan for the future pattern. It is especially important to choose at least two types of wallpaper that will go well with each other. It is difficult to calculate the exact amount of coverage for each color.
For patchwork, you can cut the same shapes from different wallpapers
Wallpaper and other finishes
Non-woven, vinyl, paper wallpapers can be easily combined with other finishes. In this case, surfaces decorated with different materials look contrasting. A common solution is to combine wallpaper and PVC or MDF panels. To do this, use the horizontal method of wall decoration. Materials differ not only in texture, but also in color. At the same time, wallpaper with a pattern can complement plain panels, and the pattern on the tile can repeat the color of the wallpaper. One of the combination options is to highlight the accent area with panels, and the other walls are pasted over with wallpaper in a contrasting shade.
Panels and wallpapers can be matched in color
Photo wallpaper and regular wallpaper
An effective option for kitchen design is to combine photo wallpaper with regular wallpaper. In this case, bright photowall-paper always attracts attention and therefore they should be supplemented with plain or ordinary wallpaper with nondescript pattern. Most often, a wall near the dining area or a seating area is distinguished with a bright coating.
Regular wallpaper in combination with photo wallpaper can be bright, but monochromatic
Combining wallpaper by color
The combination of different color finishes of the kitchen walls is one of the important points in the design of the space. The choice of shades of combined wallpaper affects the perception of space, illumination, and style of the interior.
Wallpaper of one color scale
A universal option for combining finishes is the use of two types of wallpaper, which are made in the same color scheme. For example, light beige canvases with a nondescript pattern at the top of the walls and brown or dark beige at the bottom. Similarly, you can combine shades of any color palette.
Wallpapers of the same color range make the interior harmonious
A bold solution for a kitchen of any size is to use wallpaper in two contrasting colors. It should be borne in mind that in a small room only a little dark colors can be used, for example, paste over one wall with dark gray or brown plain wallpaper, and make the rest white or light. This will avoid a visual decrease in space and visually move the dark wall away. Dividing a large kitchen into a dining area and a work area is also easy with contrasting wall coverings.
Contrasting combinations are most often used to accentuate the dining area.
Solid and variegated wallpapers
If all of the above kitchen design options did not arouse interest, then you should try a combination of variegated and plain wallpaper. For example, one of the universal is a combination of white or milky canvases and wallpapers with a bright, catchy, possibly abstract print. Such strips of finishing material can be arranged in any order you like. Often this method serves to highlight the area of the dining table or window. In this case, plain wallpaper can have a color that is present in the pattern on a variegated coating.
Patterned finish always attracts attention
Video: features of gluing and combining wallpaper with a pattern
Style for the kitchen with combined wallpaper
You can use two types of wallpaper for decoration in all styles of interior design, but it is important that the color and texture of the paintings correspond to the principles of the chosen design option. The most popular destinations are:
in the Provence style, you can use light wallpaper of pastel colors with a light floral pattern. Do not use dark canvases, since the design assumes lightness, freshness, elegance and comfort of a country house. The patchwork style also fits this interior;
The floral pattern is appropriate in the style of Provence, as well as country
in a classic design, luxurious wallpapers with a slight shine and twisted patterns are appropriate, and you can also combine photowall-paper with the image of a castle, a garden, an elegant gazebo with laconic wallpaper;
In a classic interior, you can use both light wallpaper with patterns, and burgundy, brown and others
in a modern setting, you can use finishes with an original print or classic patterns. A common solution is to combine light stripes of material with dark panels. And you can also highlight the dining area with contrasting colors;
Modern is a fairly modern trend in interior design.
in a kitchen decorated with shabby chic, floral patterns, a cage, a twisted ornament are appropriate, but all this must be in light pastel shades. Delicate tones, lace, floral print are the main features of this setting.
Floral print is a must for a shabby chic kitchen
Photo gallery: kitchen interior with different wallpapers
Patterned wallpaper should not contrast with furniture and general furnishings
Contrasting shades always attract attention
Light wallpaper with a pattern looks elegant and is suitable for a small kitchen
The plot drawing will become a vivid detail of the situation
Colored wallpaper looks bright against a background of plain light
Wallpaper drawing can become the main design detail
It is easy to zone the space with the help of different wallpapers
With a high ceiling, you can glue dark wallpaper on the top of the wall
The lower part of the walls can be decorated with a solid color
Any area of the kitchen can be distinguished with bright wallpaper
Bright wallpapers make the dining area elegant
Vertical patterns visually raise the ceiling
Panels are more practical to clean than wallpaper
The height of the panels when combined with wallpaper can be different
A stripe of saturated color wallpaper will become a bright detail in a laconic interior.
Contrasting wallpapers can be made in different colors
The choice of wallpaper for combination in the interior of the kitchen is an important stage in the design of the space. In this case, it is worth observing the harmony of the combination of shades, choosing high-quality materials and taking into account the characteristics of the room.