Table of contents:
- Why it is impossible to iron the bed after washing: opinions and signs
- Why iron the bedding
- Is it possible not to iron
- What netizens are saying
- What do folk signs say
- So to iron or not?
Video: Why You Can't Iron Bed Linen After Washing
2023 Author: Bailey Albertson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 12:29
Why it is impossible to iron the bed after washing: opinions and signs
Do I need to iron the bed linen after washing is a serious question, around which real passions flared up. Some argue that the linen should never be ironed, while others are of the opposite opinion. Each side presents its own arguments. Who is right? - let's figure it out.
- 1 Why iron bed linen
2 Is it possible not to iron
2.1 Video: why you can't iron bed linen
3 What netizens are saying
- 3.1 Reviews "against"
- 3.2 Reviews "for"
4 What do folk signs say
4.1 Video: folk signs about bedding
5 So to iron or not?
5.1 When is it necessary to iron the laundry
Why iron the bedding
Some housewives note that the ironing process evokes pleasant emotions:
- after life's ups and downs, with the beginning of work, thoughts gradually calm down and tune in to a positive mood;
- the ironed fabric has a special pleasant aroma;
- in the cold season, the iron heats not only the clothes to be ironed, but also the surrounding air, it becomes warmer.
The ironed linen improves the mood
In addition to personal perception of the process, there are more significant reasons to iron bed linen:
- heat treatment ensures disinfection of bed linen;
ironed linen improves tactile sensations: it is much more pleasant to sleep on soft and smooth sheets than on crumpled sheets with hard creases;
Sleeping on ironed linen is nice
neat stacks of ironed linen fit compactly in the closet, saving precious space;
Neatly folded laundry is easier to store
Well-ironed laundry looks more attractive and is easier to put on the bed.
Ironed linen has a beautiful well-groomed appearance
Is it possible not to iron
Those who prefer not to iron bed linen are often called lazy and bad housewives. However, their arguments about practicality and frugality sound quite logical and convincing:
- It is perfectly smooth on the bed and will not stay for 5 minutes.
- The ironing process takes too much time and effort that can be spent on more useful things.
- Electricity costs money, and the depreciation of the iron (ironing board and other devices) must be taken into account.
- If you use a good conditioner and dry your clothes flat, they will hardly wrinkle.
No need to kill yourself in a grueling fight with a crumpled cloth
Other reasons are sometimes given. For example, after exposure to temperature, the hygroscopicity of linen decreases: it absorbs moisture worse and poorly passes air, which adversely affects the thermoregulation of the body during sleep. Here you need to understand that using ironed linen, you are unlikely to wake up in the middle of the night sweating. If such events occur regularly, it is probably worth considering your health condition and undergoing a medical examination.
Un ironed bedding is good for rest and sleep.
Video: why you can't iron bed linen
What netizens are saying
The opinions of Internet users about the need to iron bed linen are also divided, as evidenced by their reviews.
What do folk signs say
Popular beliefs are a special topic. They appear as a result of a series of random coincidences, spread at the speed of viral advertising and do not mean anything at all due to the nature of their origin. Nevertheless, many people, piously believing in the inevitability of "regularities" or with an amendment to "what if it's true," try to adhere to various signs. With regard to bedding, popular rumor says that you cannot sleep on non-ironed linen. It turns out that dark forces are hidden in the folds of the crumpled fabric, which literally derail the fate of a person, put him on the path of hardship, misfortune and other troubles.
- They create barriers between a man and a woman who sleep on crumpled underwear.
- They interfere in business, career and business. It is worth spending the night on crumpled sheets, and the next day you will not see good luck.
- Interfere with children's learning by making them absent-minded and lazy.
If you believe the omens, then dark forces live in unironed linen.
Video: folk signs about bedding
So to iron or not?
The thing is that only you yourself can answer this question: how you decide, it will be right.
- Scan your feelings and desires: how important it is for you to sleep on well-ironed bedding.
- Assess your own strengths and capabilities: will it be possible to regularly perform ironing work.
Streamline the process. In a simplified version, the linen can be ironed without fanaticism, barely touching the surface with the iron, proceed to the next dented areas. Or use a household steam generator (steamer) instead of an iron. It smoothes creases perfectly and makes work faster and easier.
The steam generator will cope with bed linen faster than an iron, and if only disinfection is needed, then you can fold the linen in several layers - a hot steam can handle it
- Create a comfortable environment. For example, if your legs get tired, you can iron while sitting. And if work isn't fun at all, place an ironing board in front of the TV. While watching your favorite TV show, you yourself will not notice how you iron out all the naughty folds on the bedding.
When is it necessary to iron the laundry
Regardless of your beliefs, sometimes it is simply necessary to iron bed linen:
All kits for newborns must be ironed. The first three months of life is the formation of the immune system of babies. During this period, it is important to protect them from pathogens that can provoke serious diseases.
Newborn linen must be ironed
The immune system of people during illness or immediately after it (rehabilitation period) is also severely weakened. Therefore, it is worth showing concern for loved ones who need her.
The linen of sick people must necessarily undergo heat treatment
For the purpose of disinfection, you need to iron the bed linen if there are problems with insects: lice, bugs, ticks.
If there are insects, the laundry must be disinfected
So, we considered whether it is necessary to iron bed linen, gave all the pros and cons. What are you doing? Share your opinion in the comments.