Table of contents:
- Do-it-yourself transforming bench - not only convenient, but also beautiful
- Bench-transformer - what is it and how it works
- Preparing to create a bench table
- Step-by-step manufacturing instructions
- Video: how to make a do-it-yourself transforming bench
Video: How To Make A Bench-table (transformer) With Your Own Hands: Step-by-step Instructions For Making A Folding Bench With Photos, Videos And Drawings
Do-it-yourself transforming bench - not only convenient, but also beautiful
The owner of any site wants to make it beautiful and attractive. At the same time, I want every thing in the garden to be perfect. Sometimes, incredible efforts and a lot of money are invested in this. However, practice shows that much less sacrifice can be made. So, for example, a transforming bench, which is quite easy to do with your own hands, is able to decorate the backyard and add comfort and convenience to everyday life.
1 Bench-transformer - what is it and how it works
- 1.1 Types of benches-transformers
- 1.2 Functionality and usability
2 Preparing to create a bench table
- 2.1 Choosing the optimal material for manufacturing
- 2.2 Project drawing
- 2.3 Tools and materials
3 Step by step instructions for making
- 4 Video: how to make a do-it-yourself transforming bench
Bench-transformer - what is it and how it works
Any country furniture should be multifunctional and comfortable - this guarantees a comfortable outdoor recreation and a pleasant pastime. An interesting option that will make any site owner happy is a transforming bench.
A garden bench in execution is not as complicated as it might seem to many at first glance. The structure can in no time turn from an ordinary-looking bench into a comfortable table of considerable size, which has two benches on the sides. And after use, you can return the furniture to its original position with a slight movement of your hand. The main thing in such a structure is moving parts, a mechanism and their strong fastening.
Folding version with 2 benches
Types of transforming benches
Each owner chooses a kind of bench for himself: someone needs the bench to accommodate 3 people or more, and someone needs to organize a small table and 2 seats that look like a chair. There are a lot of options for assembling a structure, but below we will highlight several classic types:
- Bench table with benches. This kind of transformers in a matter of seconds transforms from one bench into a complex of a table and two benches that can accommodate a total of 5-6 people. It is the most common today, as it takes up little space and allows you to accommodate a large number of guests.
- Bench constructor. In comparison with the previous one, this option is more modest. In a collapsible state, the structure can serve as a bench that can accommodate many guests. When there are no guests, the bench can be turned into two seats (with armrests or not - everything is optional) and a table between them. On the table, in turn, you can place a laptop, books or other items. This design is functional and very convenient.
- Folding flower bench. This type of construction is very similar to the previous one, but it has its own characteristics. Outwardly, the bench resembles a piano, only instead of the keys on the seat there are recesses and cells into which the backrest details are embedded. Many people associate such a bench with a blossoming flower, which is why it has just that name. When folded, the structure is a sofa that can be easily transported to any place. As soon as you open the "petals" of the bench, you can enjoy a pleasant and comfortable rest on a comfortable bench. The main feature of the "flower" is the ability to move the backrest elements as you like.
Classic bench with benches
Bench-transformer with benches
Bright colors of the flower bench
Such a bench opens up like a flower in the morning.
Bench-constructor with a table in the middle
Functionality and convenience
The multifunctional transforming garden bench is a piece of furniture that can be used as a table and as a bench, which makes it possible to save space on the site. The design will become an indispensable assistant in the country, where guests are always present.
Multifunctional piece of furniture
It is not for nothing that the popular transforming bench is so common among summer residents and garden owners - it has a lot of advantages that set it apart from other similar elements of garden furniture.
- Multifunctionality. The transformation of a bench into a table with benches occurs in a matter of seconds by means of simple manipulations.
- Convenience. The structure is convenient to transport from place to place, as it can be easily folded and unfolded.
- Saving space. The bench does not take up much space, which makes it compact and practical to use.
- Durability. The right material will ensure the bench has a long lifespan.
- Simple mechanism. Even a child can cope with the folding mechanism.
Preparing to create a bench table
Choosing the optimal material for manufacturing
An element of furniture such as a transforming bench can be purchased at any hardware store, but you must agree that it is much more pleasant to have guests and rest comfortably on a homemade product, because this is not only a beautiful design, but also a source of pride for you. However, before starting directly to work, you must definitely decide on the material from which the shop will be made.
As a rule, wooden materials are used to construct a quality bench. Moreover, in addition to natural wood, it is allowed to use plywood or PVC. Undoubtedly, the first option will come out more costly, but, as a result, it will serve you not 3-4 years, but about 35-40 years. In addition, wood has several advantages.
- Environmentally friendly material;
- Long service life.
An important note to pay attention to when using wood: Before using it, be sure to cover the bench with an antifungal agent and also paint it with varnish. This will be an excellent prevention of rot.
Wood is a safe material
Environmentally friendly material - natural wood
In order for the design to be of high quality and convenient, it is recommended to make a drawing. If for some reason you do not have the opportunity to make it, then a ready-made scheme will be an excellent solution. When drawing up a drawing or selecting it from the Internet, 4 conditions must be observed:
- The image of the final structure should be firmly anchored in your head. When building, you must not miss it.
- The dimensions of the future transformer bench must correspond to the area where the structure will be located.
- It is recommended to compare the entire course of work with a drawing, so it must be clear and of high quality (in the case of printing a photo from the Internet).
- At the very beginning, you should calculate and fix the dimensions of the moving parts, which will subsequently be firmly fixed to each other.
Below is one of the drawing options, according to which further work will take place:
Classic version of the drawing
Tools and materials
To create a transforming bench, we need the following tools:
- Bolts with nuts.
The materials that we will use in the construction are listed below:
- Wooden beams;
- Edged boards;
Step-by-step manufacturing instructions
- We start with the manufacture of parts that will later act as the legs of the structure: for this, we cut out 8 similar segments 70 centimeters long.
- We make cuts on segments from the top and bottom at an angle of 10 degrees. This ensures your bench is balanced when set up on an incline.
- Then we make frames for two benches from edged boards: we cut out 4 elements, the length of which is 40 centimeters and 4 pieces of length 170 centimeters.
- Now we cut off the corners on all the parts from 3 steps so that we can make two oblong rectangles.
- We connect the rectangles. For this it is recommended to use screws or nails. Important! If you decide to use option 1, then you first need to drill a hole.
- Let's start creating reinforcing elements in the frame. These details will finally form the seat. Here we need a beam: it should be nailed at a distance of 50 centimeters from each other. Due to this, the structure will be reliably protected from lateral deformation.
- We attach the legs to the structure: for this, 12 centimeters from the corners, we attach them to the seat with 2-3 bolts (they must go through the beam and part of the legs at the same time) so that they are firmly fixed. It is also recommended to make grooves in the bar to cover the bolt heads, and remove the excess under the nut using a hacksaw for metal.
- We make a rectangle from a bar, which exactly matches the length of the benches - 70x170 centimeters. From the inside, the part is connected with additional stiffeners. This rectangle will subsequently be a back or a table (depending on what position you give it).
- It remains to form a common structure from all the elements. Important! Since you will have to work with large details, it is advisable to call an assistant, and not perform manipulations on your own. Cut out 2 beams 50 centimeters long and place them between the bench and the large shield. We fix them at the bottom of the shield, but on the side of the bench.
- Cut out 2 bars again, only this time 110 centimeters long. The bars are fixed on another bench in the center. This is done to make the docking more convenient.
- The final stage of the technical side is cladding. We sheathe the transforming bench from the outside with either laminated chipboard or an edged board.
You will end up with such a transforming bench
Since the structure can be located both in the house and on the site, it can be covered in various ways.
- If your bench will be indoors, stain or varnish is an excellent option. As a rule, such a coating dries within 36 hours.
- If outdoors, then the best solution is to use a waterproof paint that dries for 24 hours.
It is imperative to treat the structure with means, otherwise the tree, under the influence of moisture, can begin to rot and quickly become unusable. It is recommended to renew the paint every 2-3 years - this will better protect it from bacteria.
The transforming bench can be made in any color
Unusual design of the transformer bench
To prevent the wood from rotting, treat the surface every 2 years.
Bright version of the bench with benches
The construction bench will be a great addition to the site
Bright wooden benches
Video: how to make a do-it-yourself transforming bench
Thanks to the transforming bench, unusual and, surprisingly, comfortable furniture will appear on your site, which will allow you to accommodate arriving guests and have a good time in the fresh air. In addition, having made a structure with your own hands, you can proudly declare to your friends that the shop is your creation.
Popular by topic
Practical advice on the construction of paths in the garden. Materials used, recommendations
Types of organic fertilizers, practical recommendations for the production and use of compost and other fertilizers
Tips for preparing hot drinks. necessary products, the sequence of preparation of mulled wine, chocolate, coffee and tea with the addition of spices
Practical recommendations for creating a decorative reservoir in the garden. Necessary materials and tools, stage-by-stage performance of work
A step-by-step recipe for making apple wine at home. Necessary products, tools. Features of making wine, recommendations