Table of contents:
- Peeling peppers and seeds is easy, even if it's chili
- Why peel peppers and remove seeds
- How to peel and seed fresh peppers
- How to peel a baked pepper or one to be baked
- And if it's chili?
Video: How To Peel Peppers And Quickly Peel Off A Spicy, Bulgarian Or Other Variety
Peeling peppers and seeds is easy, even if it's chili
The peel on the pepper is bright and rich in vitamins, but it does not fit into some dishes with a particularly delicate texture. It is worth paying attention to how to make it easier for yourself to clean up.
- 1 Why peel peppers and remove seeds
2 How to peel fresh peppers and seeds
2.1 Cut off cap or depressed center
- 2.1.1 Video: how to remove seeds from bell peppers with a knife
- 2.1.2 Video: how to remove seeds from sweet peppers by hand, without a knife
- 2.2 Accessories for core cutting and skinning
3 How to peel baked peppers or the one that is supposed to be baked
1 Video: how to peel bell peppers and seeds
- 3.2 Gas burner, grill or dry skillet - fire roasting
- 3.3 Microwave
- 3.4 Steep boiling water
4 What if it's chili?
4.1 How to peel hot peppers: 4 options
- 4.1.1 Without touching the stem and seeds
- 4.1.2 Cocktail straw
- 4.1.3 Remove seeds and bake
- 4.1.4 Bake, then clean
- 4.2 Video: how to quickly remove seeds from chili peppers
Why peel peppers and remove seeds
Pepper, fresh or ready-made, is added to gravies and fries, soups and vegetable stews, adjikas, to preparations for the winter, to aspic. The skins and seeds in such dishes are clearly superfluous. And stuffed peppers? You can't even imagine them with seeds. Some culinary experts are convinced that the skin is not well enough digested by the stomach and creates an unnecessary burden for it, leading to a feeling of heaviness. There can be many reasons to peel vegetables, as well as ways to do it. If we talk about seeds, in hot peppers it is they that keep all the pungency in themselves, in addition, they “interfere” with the cooked dish being uniform in texture.
Many people don't like the taste of bell peppers' seeds and skins
How to peel and seed fresh peppers
There are many ways, but they are very similar in essence.
Cut off cap or depressed center
Fresh pepper, if necessary, is easy to peel off, but before that you need to extract the seeds from it:
- We wash it, make an incision near the stalk and then in a circle.
- We cut off the "cap", raise and remove the cut piece.
- Cut off the partitions inside the pepper with a knife, remove the stalk.
- We wash the inside of the pepper from the remaining small seeds.
Alternatively, cut the pepper in half and remove the seeds.
We remove the seeds with a vegetable sharpened knife
You can also cut off the top and bottom of the pepper and extract the seeds.
Video: how to remove seeds from bell peppers with a knife
You can not use a knife, but simply press your thumb on the base of the pepper and pull out the core along with the partitions.
Video: how to remove seeds from sweet peppers by hand, without a knife
Having coped with the seeds, we proceed to peeling the skin from fresh bell pepper. You will need a very thin knife, fillet or fish-cutting. We clean bell peppers with it, like beets or potatoes.
Core cutting and skinning accessories
It will be easy to get rid of the seeds with a special pepper knife.
Spin the top of the pepper with a special knife and easily remove the heart with seeds
Then you can use a manual peeler.
Remove the peel from the washed and dried peppers, as from carrots or apples
How to peel a baked pepper or one to be baked
Baked peppers are served as a side dish and as an independent ready-made dish. It is much easier to peel it off than fresh one.
In the oven, the pepper is exposed to heat, the skin heats up and becomes softer, and it is easier for us to remove it. So:
- Wash the required amount of peppers thoroughly.
- Dry the vegetables on a clean waffle towel.
- Put the pepper in an oven preheated to 200 degrees (on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper).
- We take it out of the oven after 10 minutes, as soon as bubbles appear on the skin.
- Without letting the pepper cool, wrap it in a damp towel and leave it for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the soft skin with a sharp knife.
- We use peeled peppers according to the recipe.
There are many options for the further use of baked and peeled peppers - this is a preparation for other still delicious dishes, and you can also freeze it
When you need to cook some peppers, you can wrap them in foil and send them to the oven.
There are also variations of this method, for example:
- We wash and dry the peppers.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- We spread the vegetables on a baking sheet (you can on the wire rack).
- Sprinkle the peppers with vegetable oil (or olive oil) on top.
- We put the baking sheet in the oven.
- We take out the peppers after 10-15 minutes, when the skin turns black.
- We put the vegetables in a baking bag (it will swell up from the hot air) or a plastic bag, tie and leave for 20 minutes.
- Peel the cooled peppers with a knife.
Having taken out the perfume, put the peppers in a bag or a damp towel, let them cool
Video: how to peel bell peppers and seeds
Sometimes, instead of placing the pepper in a baking bag or wrapping it with a damp towel after the oven, it is placed in a deep bowl and covered with plastic wrap, or placed in an enamel bowl (stainless steel dish) and covered with a lid, allowing time to cool. You can also use a paper bag, like those in which you put food "to go" in fast food restaurants.
Gas burner, grill or dry skillet - fire roasting
There are other methods that involve heat treatment. You can charcoal the peppers over a gas burner by stringing them onto a skewer, or roast them in a dry skillet or grill them.
Peppers are easy to peel after heat treatment
Peppers in the microwave bake much faster than in the oven. Three minutes will be enough. We warm up the vegetable, take it out and place it in a plate under a cellophane wrap. We clean it with a knife.
Steep boiling water
- Place the washed peppers in boiling water.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- We take it out and immediately fill it with cold water in a plate. We keep it until it cools completely or place it under running cold water.
- We clean it with a knife.
Boiling water helps peel peppers
Some chefs do not welcome this method of peeling peppers, arguing that under the influence of boiling water, vitamins are removed from the pepper.
And if it's chili?
The seeds and inner flesh are the hottest parts of hot peppers and are often removed.
If you need a strong "peppercorn" in a dish, causing tears in the eyes of daredevils, leave the seeds in hot peppers
Before working with hot peppers and chili peppers, you need to arm yourself well - wear gloves, especially if there are abrasions, scratches or cuts on your hands. Hot pepper is very pungent, it dries the skin of the hands and eats them up to a burning sensation, as well as everything that you touch after it.
Interestingly, the hot pepper taste is stronger closer to the core of the fruit, and the smaller the pepper, the sharper it is
When cooking hot peppers, be careful not to touch your eyes with your hands.
When peeling hot peppers, do not neglect the precaution
How to peel hot peppers: 4 options
Hot red peppers can be peeled in several ways.
Without touching the stem and seeds
We wash, dry and cut the pepper on four sides, without touching the stalk and seeds. We get oblong stripes. Cut off the remaining usable pepper from the stalk.
The hottest peppers up to 5 centimeters in length
We wash and dry the pepper, cut off the ends from both sides. We remove the seeds with a cocktail tube inserted through one end. We push them out so that they come out from the other end.
Remove seeds and bake
If hot pepper is supposed to be stuffed, or it should be whole according to the recipe, but without seeds, then we remove them, like from sweet pepper. Cut off the "lid" in a circle, cut off the partitions with a knife and rinse. This is how we got rid of the seeds.
Now we take on the skin. Seal the baked or fried pepper in a hermetically sealed bag for baking, give it time to cool and remove the skin from it, as is the case with bell peppers. We cut the baking time in half, since the hot pepper is much smaller in size and not so fleshy, therefore, its skin is also thinner.
We bake, then we clean
If we need fried or baked chili peppers, then we first cook it, then peel it, and only then remove the seeds and the stalk. Putting the pepper on a cutting board, make one vertical incision along it and with a sharp movement of the hand "pull out" the unnecessary core.
Video: how to quickly remove seeds from chili peppers
To peel the pepper or not is a personal matter for every culinary specialist. The main thing is that now in your arsenal there are many methods for cleaning peppers from peels and seeds, they are all simple and each of them is effective. Enjoy cooking!
Popular by topic
Types of organic fertilizers, practical recommendations for the production and use of compost and other fertilizers
Tips for preparing hot drinks. necessary products, the sequence of preparation of mulled wine, chocolate, coffee and tea with the addition of spices
Practical recommendations for creating a decorative reservoir in the garden. Necessary materials and tools, stage-by-stage performance of work
How to use ash correctly as fertilizer for the garden and vegetable garden. Ash types, its effect on different types of soil
How to make a brick brazier yourself. A step-by-step description of the work, advice on choosing the type of barbecue and the necessary materials