Table of contents:
- Delicious thin lavash lasagna: a simple and original dish
- Thin lavash lasagna recipes
- Video recipe for lazy lasagna from Armenian lavash
Video: Simple Recipes For Homemade Thin Pita Lasagna - With Minced Meat, Chicken, Mushrooms And Other Options
Delicious thin lavash lasagna: a simple and original dish
Lasagna is a very satisfying and delicious dish that came to us from Italian cuisine. Many housewives would like to learn how to cook it, but real, classic lasagna will take a lot of time and skill. We suggest you go for a little trick and replace the lasagna sheets with thin pita bread. And the choice of filling depends on your taste and imagination.
1 Thin lavash lasagna recipes
- 1.1 Classic lasagna
- 1.2 "Lazy" version with minced meat
- 1.3 Roll "A la lasagna" with mushrooms and chicken
- 1.4 Cooking in a multicooker
- 1.5 Recipe with cottage cheese
- 1.6 On kefir
- 1.7 Vegetarian option with vegetables
- 2 Video recipe for lazy lasagna from Armenian lavash
Thin lavash lasagna recipes
The main ingredients of the dish are lasagna sheets (in our case, thin Armenian lavash will play their role), sauce and filling, which will be used for minced meat, meat, mushrooms, cottage cheese and much more. Even vegetarians will find a recipe to their liking. And if the easiest way to buy lavash is in a store, then we will prepare the sauce and filling ourselves.
Such lasagna, despite the use of lavash, is as close as possible in composition to the traditional one, and you will not have to stand at the stove all day.
- 1 sheet of pita bread;
- 1 kg of minced meat;
- 1-2 tomatoes;
- 1 medium carrot;
- 2 medium onions;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- 100 g butter;
- 300 g of hard cheese;
- 50 g Parmesan cheese;
- 1 liter of milk;
- 100 g flour.
- Peel the tomatoes. Puree them with a blender.
- Chop the onion and garlic as small as possible, fry in vegetable oil. Add the grated carrots, continue to fry until tender.
- Put the minced meat for frying, mix, salt, add spices and seasonings to taste, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Then add the tomato pulp and fry for 5 minutes over low heat.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a bowl and gradually add the flour. Shuffle and pass the mixture. Pour in a liter of milk, bring to a boil and maintain the temperature until the sauce reaches the consistency of sour cream. Season with salt and add some grated garlic.
- Grate the cheese. Place the pita bread, meat filling, sauce and cheese on a baking sheet with high walls, alternating several times. Sprinkle the top sheet of pita bread with cheese, previously chopped on a grater.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, place the lasagna dish in it and bake for 45 minutes.
One of the main ingredients of classic lasagna is béchamel sauce
To make the dish look more attractive, after cooking, remove it from the oven, sprinkle with grated Parmesan and bake for another 10 minutes. Cool the lasagne before serving to keep it from losing its shape
"Lazy" version with minced meat
This recipe is great for those who do not have enough time for culinary delights at home. We will do without the bolognese sauce, which is traditionally used in lasagna, leaving only minced meat, cheese and bechamel. Minced meat can be from any lean meat, such as chicken.
For a quick lasagna you will need:
- 1 package of lavash;
- 500 g minced meat;
- 200 g of cheese;
- 1 onion onion;
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil.
This recipe is for 6 servings. Cooking will take you 40 minutes.
For the sauce, take the following ingredients:
- 380 ml of milk;
- 150 g butter;
- 3 heaped tablespoons of flour;
- 2 teaspoons of sugar;
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
The peculiarity of lazy lasagna is that its preparation does not take much time.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Add it to a preheated skillet with oil and fry until golden brown, stirring all the time.
- Put the minced meat on the onion and fry until half cooked (until it ceases to be pink). Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. The filling is ready.
- Prepare the sauce. To do this, melt the butter in a deep frying pan or saucepan. Add flour to it, sauté until golden brown.
- Pour in milk gradually, stirring until smooth with a whisk. Add sugar and salt. Cook the sauce over low heat until it thickens. Don't forget to stir it.
- Start assembling the lasagna. Take a suitable shape and cut the pita bread to size. Put one sheet on the bottom, spread part of the minced meat filling over it. The next layer is a little sauce, then grated cheese. Cover with a second sheet of pita bread, press lightly.
- Repeat alternating layers several times until the filling ends. Sprinkle the last sheet of pita bread with grated cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees without overheating. If your device does not have such a function, then cover the lasagna dish with foil. It will take 25 minutes to bake. The lazy lasagna is ready!
Roll "A la lasagna" with mushrooms and chicken
This is a recipe for a slightly unusual lasagna in the form of a roll. Thin lavash for this shape is more convenient than traditional lasagna sheets. For a la lasagna roll you will need:
- 700 g of chicken meat (breast);
- 2 pita bread;
- 8 tomatoes;
- 3 onions;
- 50 grams of mushrooms;
- 100 g butter;
- 1 liter of milk;
- 4 tablespoons flour;
- grated hard cheese;
salt, spices - to taste.
Roll 'A la lasagna' with chicken and mushrooms
Cut the products: onions - into half rings, tomatoes, after removing the skin - into thin slices, chicken meat - into small pieces. Add salt and spices to the meat.
Chop onion, tomato and meat finely
Fry 2/3 of the onions in one pan until half cooked. Add greens, tomatoes, salt, seasonings, leave to simmer.
Fry and sauté vegetables
Fry the chicken in a second skillet until half cooked, adding the remaining onions.
Fry the meat with onions
- Pour the broth from the tomato filling into another dish. You will need it at the end of cooking.
Make béchamel sauce. In a bowl with high walls, melt the butter, sauté the flour in it, stirring constantly. Pour in milk, season with salt and spices, cook until thick.
Make Bechamel Lasagne Sauce
Now that everything is ready, you can start assembling the lasagna. Lubricate a baking sheet with vegetable oil, lay pita bread. Spread some sauce on the surface.
The first layer of filling on pita bread
- Spread half of the filling, 1/2 of the fried chicken evenly, cover with a second pita bread.
Repeat the procedure with the filling, only now put the mushrooms on one end. It is advisable to fry them before this, but you can use pickled ones. Sprinkle cheese on top, add a little sauce.
Second layer of mushroom filling
Roll the lasagne very gently into a roll. Brush with sauce on top. Place the baking sheet in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, bake for 10 minutes.
Roll up the roll
Remove the baking sheet with lasagna, pour over the vegetable broth left over from the vegetable filling, and put it back in the oven for 10 minutes.
Drizzle the vegetable stock over the lasagna before finishing cooking
One of the specialties of lasagna is that it can be eaten cold - it even tastes better!
Cooking in a slow cooker
We have written more than once about what a wonderful kitchen helper it is for all lovers of culinary art. For example, in this article, we learned how to cook kiwi jam in a slow cooker. And lavash lasagna in a slow cooker can also be cooked. True, it will take more time than soup, stew or porridge, but it's worth it.
In a slow cooker, lasagne turns out to be juicy and fragrant.
We'll also experiment a little, and use tomato ketchup and 150 g of low-fat yogurt without fillers as a sauce. Can be mixed with sour cream and mayonnaise (1/2 cup of each ingredient).
Foods you need for lasagna
For the lasagna itself you will need:
- 300 g lavash;
- 600 g ground beef;
- 400 g of champignons;
- 12 cherry tomatoes (or 2 large tomatoes);
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- grated cheese.
- First, prepare the food: grate the carrots, finely chop onions, mushrooms, tomatoes. Mix all this with minced meat and load into a multicooker. Select the "frying" mode, set the time to 15 minutes.
- While the filling is browning, mix the ketchup and yogurt thoroughly. You can add your favorite seasonings if you like.
- Having prepared the sauce, cut the pita bread into 6 equal pieces.
- Meanwhile, the filling for the lasagna has already been prepared. Put it out of the multicooker in a separate bowl.
- Put the first sheet of pita bread on the bottom of the bowl, and the filling on it. Cover with a second sheet, grease it thickly with sauce. Alternate again: lavash, filling, pita bread, sauce until the sheets run out.
- Grease the top with sauce, select the baking program and turn on the multicooker. After 20 minutes, you can open it, sprinkle with grated cheese on top of the sauce and close again. After another 20 minutes, the lasagne is completely ready.
Serve lavash lasagna with herbs and vegetables
Recipe with cottage cheese
This delicacy will surely be loved by your whole family, especially children. It is not worth talking about the benefits of cottage cheese, this information is known to everyone. But not all kids love this product. But in lasagna they will surely appreciate the taste of cottage cheese at the highest level!
Lavash curd lasagna with herbs will appeal to the whole family
You will need:
- 2 sheets of pita bread;
- 700 g of cottage cheese;
- 200 g of cheese;
- 150 g sour cream;
- 100 ml of milk;
- 2 tbsp. l. flour;
- fresh herbs.
- In a bowl, combine cottage cheese with a large amount of finely chopped herbs - dill, onion, parsley. Salt. If you think the cottage cheese is dry, add a little sour cream, stirring thoroughly.
Expand the first sheet of pita bread, spread half of the curd filling on it. Add a few small pieces of butter.
The first layer of filling on pita bread
Cover with a second sheet of pita bread, spread the rest of the curd filling on the surface. Sprinkle with grated cheese (100 g) on top.
The second layer of filling on pita bread
On the long side, roll the lasagne into a roll, place in a snail-shaped shape.
Roll the pita bread with the filling into a roll and place in the form with a snail
- Make a filling: mix sour cream, milk, flour until smooth, salt. Coat the entire surface with fill. This is to prevent the dry part of the lasagna from hardening when baked. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, send to the oven preheated to 200 degrees for 45 minutes.
This recipe, like the previous one, contains cottage cheese, but natural feta cheese can be used instead. And if your family is very fond of cheese, then try to make a mixture of as many types and varieties as possible: suluguni, cottage cheese, Dutch cheese, feta cheese and others. Add the seasonings and any herbs you use in the kitchen for a truly delicious meal.
Kefir and sour cream are mainly used here for sauce. But if you come across a dryish, hard lavash, kefir will help restore its softness and freshness.
As much greens and cheese as possible is a feature of this recipe
- 5 sheets of pita bread;
- 900 g of cottage cheese (or a mixture of different cheeses);
- 300 ml of kefir;
- 200 g sour cream;
- 3 eggs;
- 1 bunch of dill;
- 50 g butter;
- seasonings to taste.
- Prepare the cottage cheese and cheese filling. Add finely chopped dill and selected spices to it, salt. The filling should be slightly infused so that the products are saturated with each other.
- For pouring sauce, beat eggs in a separate bowl, add sour cream and kefir. ¾ pour the filling into the filling and mix thoroughly to make the mass elastic. You will need the remainder to pour the lasagna on top.
- Grease the lasagna dish with butter, spread the pita bread on the bottom. Brush with a little sauce or just kefir.
- Begin alternating between the sheets of pita bread and the filling, forming the lasagne. The top, last sheet, grease or cover with the rest of the sauce.
- Place the lasagne in a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
Vegetarian option with vegetables
Vegetarians will love this recipe. There is no meat at all in this kind of lasagne, but a large selection of various vegetables. You will need:
- 4 pita bread;
- 200 g of mushrooms;
- 200 g of cauliflower;
- 1 bell pepper;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 can of olives;
- 300 g of hard cheese;
- 200 g of Adyghe cheese;
- bechamel sauce.
- Finely chop the vegetables and simmer for 15–20 minutes in a pan with mushrooms. Add tomatoes, zucchini, or eggplant if desired. However, you can experiment with vegetables for the filling as your imagination suggests.
Take the form in which you will bake, brush it with sauce (2 tablespoons).
Grease the saucepan
Cut the lavash into 8 identical sheets. Place the first sheet in a mold on top of the sauce.
First layer of lavash
Spread the filling of tomato, carrot, onion, cauliflower and bell pepper on the surface of the pita bread.
First layer of filling
- Coat each layer with a little sauce.
The next layer consists of a mixture of olives and grated Adyghe cheese. Cover it with pita bread.
A layer of olives and cheese filling
Spread the tomato cut into slices on the surface, cover with grated hard cheese. Brush with sauce, put a sheet of pita bread.
Tomato filling with hard cheese
The topmost sheet should be greased with sauce and sprinkled with cheese.
Last layer: lavash, sauce, cheese
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees
Video recipe for lazy lasagna from Armenian lavash
We hope that among these recipes there is one that will become your favorite. Do not be afraid to experiment with fillings, because it is thanks to them that the lasagne is so varied that it can please the most discerning gourmet! Share your secrets of this delicious dish with us in the comments. Bon Appetit!