Table of contents:
- We add coziness to the dacha - making a tent
- Features and benefits of the tent
- Existing structures: choosing the right one
- Building a tent step by step
- Children's playhouse
- DIY video about installing a tent in the country
Video: How To Make A Tent For A Summer Residence With Your Own Hands, Photo
We add coziness to the dacha - making a tent
In summer, it is sometimes very difficult to find a place in the country to hide from the heat. Only in the evening, when the heat subsides, you can breathe more freely. But you really want to chat over a cup of tea or a glass of lemonade in a pleasant company! A do-it-yourself tent for a summer residence is a great option. This mobile, very handy device will help you not to lose a single sunny day.
- 1 Features and benefits of the tent
- 2 Existing structures: choosing the right one
- 3 Building a tent step by step
- 4 Children's playhouse
- 5 Video about installing a tent in the country with your own hands
Features and benefits of the tent
Many people prefer to install a stationary gazebo at their summer cottage. But not everyone has such an opportunity, since this design requires a permanent place, and on a standard 6 acres this can be problematic. The tent-awning has a lot of advantages:
- lightness of construction;
- low cost;
- ease of installation and installation;
- ease of maintenance;
- good shading of a large area;
- reliable protection from insects, wind and sun;
- the structure is easy to store folded;
- a wide range of materials for construction, textures and colors.
You can move your tent to another place at any time, and in some cases even take it with you by car to the river. Depending on the purpose, the tent can be stationary, folding, in the form of a spacious tent or gazebo. You can choose the shape and color of your choice. But the main structural detail is the protective walls on three sides, made of dense fabric. The front wall is covered with an insect screen.
Stationary wooden country tent
Regardless of whether you want to build a stationary tent or plan to install a folding one, you need to prepare a suitable place.
- First of all, clear the area of plants, stones, debris. Then carefully level the surface and tamp if necessary.
- If you stopped at installing a lightweight structure, then it will be enough to mark the territory and make recesses for the support posts.
- In order to make a stationary structure, you will need to install the foundation and make the flooring. Remove a 10 cm layer of soil in the intended area, level the bottom and line a sand cushion. Pour water over the sand and compact it tightly. Ceramic tiles or wood flooring can be placed on this base.
It remains only to choose the most convenient design option for you. And you can start building.
Existing structures: choosing the right one
Now there is a simple opportunity to buy a ready-made structure and any accessories for it. But we decided to build the tent ourselves. If you are still new to the construction of buildings for a summer cottage, ready-made tent projects and various details will greatly facilitate your task. But if you already have some experience, then the work will be quite simple.
First of all, you need to choose the type of tent: round or square, large or small, fabric or tarpaulin.
Lightweight metal construction
In this article, we will look at frames made of wood, steel angle and profile pipe, as well as lightweight structures made of aluminum. The lighter the design you choose, the easier it is to choose the material.
- Wooden tents. Such a tent hike to the gazebo, decorated with fabric curtains and various accessories that provide coziness and comfort. They are made from timber (simple and glued) or from a log. Usually it is a wooden standard frame with a roof around which the structure is installed.
- A metal tent for a summer residence resembles an arch. In construction, a profile pipe, a metal roller, fittings are used, which are welded or bolted. The roof frame of such a tent can be covered not only with thick fabric, but also with roofing material.
- The light tent is a collapsible structure with a replaceable installation site. Its body is made of aluminum or galvanized steel profile, and you can always remove and carry it.
Building a tent step by step
Consider building a simple, timber-framed tent. For it, you will need beams, boards, as well as stronger fabric for walls and domes.
- Make a markup of the site. Using a brace, dig 4 holes 50 cm deep at the corners of the future tent.
- Primer or paint all wooden elements. Once they are dry, place the beams in the corners and tamp them down with earth.
- Fasten horizontal crossbars between the posts. Place rafters on top of them if you are planning a polycarbonate dome. They form a mesh on which the roof will be placed. The frame is installed.
- Now sew the curtains for the side walls and the fabric for the roof. You can also lay the crate, place polycarbonate on top and fix the dome.
Diagram of a wooden tent
A more complicated option is a metal tent. Once the site has been prepared to place it in place of the support posts, place four concrete slabs with holes in the center. They will serve as a foundation.
Install metal rods into the holes of the plates, the upper ends of which are connected with wire or clamps to create arcs-support. After that, you need to pick up the upper edge of the fabric and secure it by wrapping it with wire or twine, in the place where the arcs of the frame connect. Spread out the fabric and pull over the twigs.
To prevent the fabric from slipping later, sew additional ties on the inside where the fabric is in contact with the frame. There is no need to stretch the fabric between the third and fourth posts, just hang a mosquito net.
You can't ignore the kids, for whom you can build a special children's tent. It will fit 2-3 children, and its mobility will allow you to change the installation location of the structure almost instantly.
In such a funny tent, kids will be happy to spend time
For such a tent you will need:
- a hoop made of plastic or aluminum, 88 cm in diameter;
- raincoat or cotton fabric - 3-4 meters;
- tulle or mosquito net;
- Velcro tape.
The base of the lower cone will be 50 cm wide, and the length depends on how high the tent is supposed to be. Cut out parts A for the walls and B for the top of the tent (4 pieces each), as in the diagram. Sew them together, gathering them into one structure with six ribbons tied to a hoop and sewn at the same distance along the edge.
Children's tent scheme
At the junction of elements A and B, place a frill of contrasting fabric cuts. On the dome of the structure, make a loop with a ring to hang the tent from a tree branch and secure it.
To make a frill, you will need strips 18-20 cm wide. Fold the strip in half lengthwise, and mark the sizes of semicircles on them. Sew a frill along the outlined contours, then cut off the allowances and turn the strip out. Make a loop from a piece of fabric 30x10 cm, which also fold in half lengthwise, sew and turn inside out.
Processing the top of the tent
The hoop will act as a frame to which the walls of the tent will be hung with the help of ribbons sewn along the edge. The floor is made of two fabric cuts with a diameter of 1 m, sewn together and covered with foam rubber. Sew a Velcro tape around the perimeter of the floor, outside, to which the wall and bottom will be attached.
Tent assembly and entrance equipment
To equip the entrance, outline the dimensions of the hole. Cut out curtains made of tulle or mosquito netting, sew them from the inside over the entrance with an overlap. Sew a wide bias inlay along the perimeter of the entrance.
Such a tent can be decorated with various applications to your taste, which will tell you your imagination.
DIY video about installing a tent in the country
A tent in the country is a great idea for spending summer evenings in a fun company. We hope that our tips will help you get it right. Share your ideas with us in the comments, ask your questions. Good luck and easy work!
Popular by topic
Practical advice on the construction of paths in the garden. Materials used, recommendations
Description of autumn work at the summer cottage. Recommendations for harvesting and storing crops, warming trees, preparing the soil for winter
Practical advice and recommendations for cleaning the territory on the personal plot; used technique and tools
Practical recommendations for creating a decorative reservoir in the garden. Necessary materials and tools, stage-by-stage performance of work
A step-by-step recipe for making apple wine at home. Necessary products, tools. Features of making wine, recommendations