Table of contents:
- The correct way to clean and care for aluminum pots
- Why an aluminum pot can darken
- How to remove dirt outside and inside: homemade recipes
- Recommendations for the care of aluminum cookware
Video: How To Clean An Aluminum Pan At Home, How To Clean It From Blackness, Carbon Deposits, Burnt Food Inside And Out
The correct way to clean and care for aluminum pots
Many have aluminum pans in their kitchens. They are distinguished from dishes made of other materials by their lightness and ability to quickly heat up. In order for them to serve for a long time, it is necessary to follow certain rules of care and operation. If the dishes are blackened or burnt, do not despair. You can clean aluminum pots at home.
- 1 Why an aluminum pot can darken
2 How to remove dirt outside and inside: homemade recipes
- 2.1 How to clean a mild burn
- 2.2 We remove strong plaque from burnt food and darkening on the inner walls
- 2.3 How to wash the remains of burnt milk
- 2.4 Remove fat and dark carbon deposits with table vinegar
- 2.5 How can you remove limescale from the bottom and walls
- 2.6 Recipe for removing heavy fumes or soot
- 2.7 How to return the shine to an aluminum pan - video
3 Tips for the care of aluminum cookware
- 3.1 Preparing an aluminum pan for use - video
- 3.2 How to care for aluminum cookware daily - video
- 3.3 Basic rules for the operation of aluminum pans
Why an aluminum pot can darken
Like any kitchen utensil, an aluminum pan is not immune to burnt food and carbon deposits. Inattention and ignorance of the rules for handling such dishes can lead to a very unsightly look.
Carbon deposits and grease on the outside of the pan
In addition to common contaminants such as burnt food residues, carbon deposits or grease on the outside, the inside of an aluminum pot can turn black for various reasons:
- prolonged boiling of water in it without salt;
- boiling unpeeled potatoes;
- cooking sour dishes, such as cabbage soup.
The inner walls of the pot darkening due to improper use
It is not recommended to clean the pan using abrasive materials, especially if its surface is polished. It is better to use a soft sponge and a simple detergent without aggressive components (acids and alkalis).
How to remove dirt outside and inside: homemade recipes
You can use home remedies to remove blackness or soot from an aluminum pan and remove carbon deposits. They are almost always at hand for any housewife:
- Activated carbon;
- milk serum;
- lemon acid;
How to clean a mild burn
If plaque has recently appeared on the bottom and walls, do not use aggressive cleaning agents. Try to return the pan to its original appearance with the help of available tools.
To immediately remove fresh carbon deposits, fill the pan with whey, leave it for a day and rinse with a soft sponge. Burnt food or milk remains will disappear.
Serum helps to remove carbon deposits from the bottom of the pan
Sour apples help remove minor dirt inside and outside the pan. Cut them into pieces and rub the problem areas hard, the blackness will disappear.
Sour apples help remove light carbon deposits
Another remedy is laundry soap. Grate it, add to water and boil for 20 minutes.
Laundry soap will wash the burnt bottom of the aluminum pan
After cooling down, rinse the inside of the pot with a sponge.
We remove strong plaque from burnt food and darkening on the inner walls
You can remove the remnants of burnt food from the bottom of the aluminum pan with ordinary salt.
- Fill the pot with cold water, leave for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water, cover the burnt bottom with salt.
- Leave it on for 2-3 hours.
- Remove carbon deposits with a soft kitchen sponge and regular detergent.
Salt helps to remove carbon deposits from burnt food and restores the look of dishes
A solution of salt and water copes with darkening on the inner walls:
- Mix water and salt in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Apply the mixture to a cleaning sponge.
- Wipe dark areas in the pan.
How to clean up the remains of burnt milk
Activated carbon helps to remove burnt milk from the bottom of the dishes.
Activated carbon helps to cope with carbon deposits from burnt milk
If you have such a nuisance, use a simple recipe:
- Crush 3-4 tablets of activated carbon.
- Cover the bottom of the pot and leave for half an hour.
- Without removing the powder, fill the pan with cold water for another 30 minutes.
- Wash off dirt with a sponge and detergent.
We remove fat and dark soot with table vinegar
Stubborn traces of fat and soot inside the pan are removed with 9% table vinegar.
- Pour vinegar and water into a saucepan (a glass of vinegar per liter of water).
- Bring to a boil.
- Cool and wash with soap and sponge.
How can you remove limescale from the bottom and walls
With daily use, lime deposits form on the bottom and sides of aluminum pans. You can remove it with citric acid.
Citric acid will deal with burnt food and remove limescale
- Fill a saucepan with a burnt bottom with water.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Add 2 tbsp. l. citric acid.
- Boil for another 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Wash with soap and sponge.
Recipe for removing heavy burns or soot
To remove long-standing carbon deposits or grime, you will need laundry soap and ammonia.
Ammonia in combination with laundry soap removes old traces of grease and soot, restores its former shine to the pan
The recipe for the cleansing mixture:
- Grate half the bar of laundry soap with a grater.
- Dissolve it in water.
- Add 1 tbsp. l. ammonia.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 15 minutes.
- Cool and rinse the pan.
How to return the shine to an aluminum pan - video
Recommendations for the care of aluminum cookware
A freshly purchased aluminum pan requires preliminary preparation before use. First of all, it is necessary to clean it from industrial lubricants. To do this, simply wash it with a sponge and soap and rinse thoroughly. Next, you need to ignite the pan. After this procedure, a film of aluminum oxide salts is created on the inner surface. It protects against further oxidation of the walls and a barrier to harmful compounds that can enter food.
The calcination process consists of several stages:
- Rinse and dry the pan thoroughly.
- Pour sunflower oil on the bottom.
- Pour in 1 tbsp. l. table salt.
- Bake on the stove for 3-5 minutes until the smell of hot oil appears.
- Wait for the pan to cool and wash with a sponge and soap.
Preparing an aluminum pan for use - video
The appearance and durability of aluminum cookware depends on daily care. You need to wash it correctly:
- The pan should cool down to room temperature, only then can it be washed.
- Immediately soak burnt food at the bottom in warm water and detergent for more than an hour, after which it is easier to wash.
- Wash the pot by hand without using the dishwasher. Hot water can deform the cookware.
- Use a soft sponge to wash.
- Rinse off the detergent thoroughly.
How to care for aluminum cookware daily - video
Basic rules for the operation of aluminum pans
Compliance with simple rules helps to preserve the appearance and functional qualities of aluminum dishes for a longer time.
- The pan must be ignited before first use.
- Do not cook in aluminum pans every day, especially dairy dishes and sour soups.
- Transfer the prepared dishes to another container. Dark spots appear on the surface of the pan from contact with food. The food itself takes on an unpleasant metallic taste.
- Such dishes are not suitable for pickles and starter cultures. As a result of the interaction of aluminum and acids, substances harmful to health are formed.
- Cook food over low heat to prevent limescale build-up.
- Use wooden, plastic or silicone spatulas that will not scratch the inside.
- Stir food more often during cooking to prevent burning.
Almost all methods of cleaning aluminum pots take time and care. However, any housewife can find at least one remedy in her kitchen that can cope with pollution. Follow the basic rules for caring for such dishes, be more attentive to your helpers in the kitchen, then they will serve you longer!