Table of contents:
- Cucumbers varieties Chinese miracle: we grow a giant in our garden
- Description of cucumbers Chinese miracle
- Landing features
- Cucumber Care Chinese Miracle
- Diseases and pests
- Harvesting and storage
- Reviews of the variety Chinese miracle
Video: The Nuances Of Growing Cucumbers Chinese Miracle + Photo
Cucumbers varieties Chinese miracle: we grow a giant in our garden
Chinese cucumbers have impressive size and good taste. They are unpretentious in care, they are distinguished by abundant fruiting. One of the most popular varieties is the Chinese miracle. Read about all the features of growing and caring for a plant in our article.
1 Description of cucumbers Chinese miracle
- 1.1 Advantages and disadvantages (table)
- 1.2 Video: what cucumbers look like on a bush
2 Landing features
- 2.1 Selection and preparation of seeds for growing
- 2.2 Site selection and soil preparation
2.3 Scheme and landing time
- 1 Seedling method
- 2.3.2 Landing in open ground
- 2.4 Video: general rules for planting in the ground
3 Cucumber Care Chinese Miracle
3.1 Watering and fertilizing
1 Table: Irrigation Scheme
- 3.2 Table: Fertilization schedule
- 3.3 Other important features
4 Diseases and pests
- 4.1 Table: Control and Prevention Measures for Typical Diseases
- 4.2 Photo gallery: how diseases manifest
- 4.3 Table: methods of pest control and prevention
- 4.4 Photo gallery: how to recognize pests
- 5 Harvesting and storage
- 6 Reviews of the variety Chinese miracle
Description of cucumbers Chinese miracle
From the name of the variety, you can guess that China is its homeland. Long-fruited cucumbers in the Middle Kingdom began to be bred more than a century ago. In China, the plant reaches 1.5 m. Today the variety is widespread in many countries. The popularity of cucumbers The Chinese miracle is explained by the undemanding culture and low susceptibility to disease.
The Chinese Miracle variety was bred in China over 100 years ago.
The Chinese miracle belongs to mid-season varieties. From emergence to fruiting, 50-60 days pass. The bush is long-leaved, the leaves are bright green. The height of the stems is 3 m or more. The fruits are cylindrical in shape, covered with small tubercles, slightly curved. Cucumbers are dark green in color. Vegetables are 45 cm long and weigh 500 g. The skin is thin. The variety is resistant to unfavorable climatic factors. The pulp is juicy, has a sweetish taste, does not contain bitterness.
Chinese cucumber has a unique look and taste
Advantages and disadvantages (table)
|Disease resistance||Mandatory support, otherwise the fruits will acquire a curved shape|
|Good taste||The taste of cucumbers lasts only for a day after picking, then the fruits lose their sweetness|
|Increased resistance to cold and heat|
|High yield rates|
|Ability to bear fruit in shaded areas|
Video: what cucumbers look like on a bush
Selection and preparation of seeds for growing
Seeds must be processed before planting.
A saline solution will help to select healthy seeds. When using low-quality material, the plant will not develop well, which will negatively affect the yield. 50 g of salt is added to 1 liter of water, then seeds are dipped into this solution. Plantable material will remain at the bottom of the container. And those seeds that float to the surface are not worth using. The selected planting material is washed with cool water and dried.
Before sowing, the seeds must be warmed up. They are placed in a thermostat with a temperature of 50 ° C for 3.5 hours. This will help increase the germination of the planting material. The seeds can also be warmed up during the winter period. To do this, they are placed in a gauze bag and placed next to the battery for 3 months. The temperature should be within 23–35 –С.
After heating, the seeds are disinfected: this allows you to destroy all fungi and bacteria. To do this, do the following:
- Manganese potassium is diluted in warm water (30 ° C) in a proportion of 10 g per 1 liter of liquid.
- The seeds are dipped into the resulting solution for 30 minutes.
- Then they are washed with water and dried.
Garlic also has disinfecting properties. One clove needs to be grated, then add 1 liter of cold boiled water. The seeds are placed in a gauze bag and placed in the solution for half an hour.
Seeds must be germinated before planting.
Further, the seeds are recommended to germinate. This is not a mandatory growing condition, but it helps to increase the germination of cucumbers. The process has the following features:
- First, the material is treated with stimulants to speed up germination. For this, a solution of boric acid (20 mg per 1 liter of water), baking soda (5 g per 1 liter of liquid) or zinc sulfate (2 g per 1 liter) are suitable.
- The seeds are soaked for a day. In this case, the temperature in the room should be at the level of 20 ̊С.
- After 24 hours of exposure, the seeds are washed in warm water, evenly distributed on a sacking and covered with a layer of sawdust drenched in boiling water about 1 cm thick. The planting material is left for 2 days.
Aloe juice can also be used as a stimulant. In this case, you need to do the following manipulations:
- 20 days before germination, cut off 2-3 lower leaves, wash, dry and place in a plastic bag, which is placed in the refrigerator.
- For the first 14 days, the plant should be at a temperature of 7 ̊С, the remaining 6 days at 2 С.
- Next, juice is squeezed out of the leaves and the seeds are soaked in it for 6 hours.
- Then they are laid out on cheesecloth moistened with water for 3 days.
Site selection and soil preparation
Cucumbers need nutritious soil
Cucumber is a light-loving culture, but the Chinese Miracle variety also bears fruit well in a shaded place. The site is chosen with soil acidity pH 6.2-6.8. The predecessors of cucumbers should be tomatoes, potatoes, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, legumes.
Do not plant them after eggplants, squash and zucchini. These vegetables are exposed to common pests. Microorganisms left in the soil can attack cucumbers. You can also plant cabbage, onions, radishes, beans, garlic next to the crop.
Soil preparation begins in autumn, October or November, since a significant part of the substances decompose to the level of trace elements within 4–5 months. For 1 sq. m. make 70 g of nitrophoska, 30 kg of manure and 3 glasses of ash. In the spring, the soil is dug to a depth of 25–30 cm. At the same time, nitrate is added at the rate of 20 g per 1 sq. m. Then add superphosphate (30 g per 1 sq. m.).
Scheme and landing time
They start planting cucumbers in April or May. This can be done in two ways: by planting seeds in the ground and by seedling.
The first method involves planting seeds directly in open ground. Its advantages include savings in effort and time. But this method also has a disadvantage. The germination rate of cucumbers with a seedling method is about 60%. The second method allows you to accelerate fruiting by 2 weeks.
The seedling method will allow you to get a high germination of seeds
In this case, the planting of cucumbers begins in the first decade of April. The process itself has the following features:
- First you need to prepare containers 10 cm high and fill them with a nutrient mixture. The composition is prepared on the basis of sawdust, peat and humus. These components are mixed in a 1: 2: 2 ratio. For 10 liters of the mixture add 2 tbsp. l. ash and 1.5 tbsp. l. nitrophosphate.
- In each container filled with soil composition, one seed is placed at a depth of 3 cm. A temperature of +32 ̊С is required for the emergence of seedlings.
- To create the necessary conditions for the cucumbers, the containers are covered with plastic wrap. When the seedling height reaches 2 cm, it can be removed. But this is being done gradually. The first 3 days the film is removed for 2-3 hours. Over the next 2-3 days, it is removed for a day. Then they are removed completely.
- When the seedlings grow to 15–20 cm, they can be moved outdoors or in a greenhouse. This usually happens 25-30 days after the seeds are placed in the pots.
- Cucumbers Chinese miracle grow mainly upward. Therefore, 1 sq. m, you can arrange 4 bushes. Planting is carried out in trenches, which are preliminarily watered with a solution of 10 liters of water at a temperature of 80–90 ̊С and 1 tsp. copper sulfate. For 1 sq. m. 3 liters of this composition are consumed.
- If the seedlings were planted in peat pots, they are simply buried in the ground. When growing seedlings in conventional containers, the soil must be removed as a whole lump and placed in the soil at the same level.
Landing in open ground
In open ground, you need to plant when the soil warms up
This method involves placing seeds in open ground in early May. Planting is carried out in holes to a depth of 3-4 cm. A distance of 5 cm is left between cucumbers, and a distance of 40 cm between rows. 4-5 seeds are placed in one hole. After 10 days, the seedlings are thinned out so that the space between the vegetables increases to 10 cm. When the first leaves appear, the culture is weeded again. Now one bush should be separated from another by a distance of 20–25 cm. After each thinning, the cucumbers are fed with chicken manure diluted in water 1: 7 (5 liters per 1 sq. M.).
Video: general rules for planting in the ground
Cucumber Care Chinese Miracle
Watering and fertilizing
Watering and feeding will help you get a bountiful harvest
Cucumbers are watered in the morning before sunrise or in the evening after sunset. During the day at high air temperatures, the procedure is not carried out, as this can lead to the formation of burns on the leaves. For watering use a watering can with a spray.
Rainwater is most suitable for this purpose. It should be warm, with a temperature of 18–20 ̊С. Watering is carried out according to the following scheme.
Table: watering scheme
|Before flowering||Once every 5 days||5-10 liters per 1 sq. m.|
|After the appearance of ovaries||Once every 4 days|
|During fruiting||1 time in 2-3 days||15–20 liters per 1 sq. m.|
During the growing season, cucumbers require 4 feeding. In hot sunny weather, root fertilizers are applied. They are applied after watering or rain. In a cold, cloudy summer, it is recommended to use the foliar method, since the roots do not absorb nutrients well in such weather. And spraying the leaves will provide the culture with the necessary substances.
Table: fertilization schedule
|Top dressing||Period||Fertilizer preparation methods|
|The first||2 weeks after planting||Organic feeding:
|The second||At the initial stage of flowering||Organic fertilizers. The bucket is filled with grass, poured with water and infused for 7 days, 1 liter of the composition is diluted in 10 liters of water.|
|Third||At the beginning of fruiting||Organic fertilizer: herbal infusion according to the above scheme.|
|Foliar fertilization: 10 g of urea per 10 liters of water.|
|Fourth||One week after the third||Organic: herbal infusion.|
|Foliar solution: 15 g of urea per 10 liters of water.|
The number of all components is calculated for 1 sq. m.
Other important features
The beds with cucumbers must be loosened once a week to a depth of 4 cm. When the plant reaches 30 cm, it must be tied up. This can be done vertically or horizontally.
- According to the first method, the supports are installed in the form of the letter "P". Their height should be 2 m. At a distance of 50 cm from the soil, a thick wire is attached to the trellis, to which the stems are fixed with ropes.
- The horizontal method consists in installing two trellises, one of which is placed at the beginning of the bed, the second at the end. A strong twine is pulled between the supports at a level of 50 cm from the ground. As the cucumbers grow, you need to tie the next rope, retreating the same distance.
Diseases and pests
Table: measures for the control and prevention of typical diseases
|Powdery mildew||The appearance of white spots on the leaves.||
||Compliance with watering norms, avoiding excessive soil moisture.|
||Spraying with a solution of copper oxychloride (40 g per 10 l of water).||Preliminary disinfection of seeds.|
|Mosaic||The appearance of yellow spots on the leaves, their twisting, the formation of cracks on the stems.||Destruction of the affected plant.||
|Angular leaf spot||The formation of gray spots on the lower layer of leaves, the appearance of yellow drops on the back of them.||Plant treatment with 1% Bordeaux liquid (100 g per 10 l of water).||Application of processed planting material.|
Photo gallery: how diseases manifest
Angular leaf spot
Yellow spots on the leaves are a clear sign of mosaic
Anthracnose is a common fungal disease
Powdery mildew can be recognized by its greyish-white coating
Table: methods of pest control and prevention
|Pests||Signs||Control methods||Preventive measures|
|Spider mite||The formation of cobwebs and white dots on the leaves.||Treatment with Fitoferm (1 ampoule per 5 liters of water).||Spraying the leaves with plain water.|
||Processing with a solution of laundry soap (200 g per 10 liters of water).||Planting garlic and onions next to cucumbers.|
|Whitefly||Blackening and drying of leaves.||Spraying with Phosbecid (10 ml per 10 l of water).||Weeding regularly.|
Photo gallery: how to recognize pests
The result of exposure to spider mites
Whitefly feeds on plant sap, which causes the leaves to dry out and die off.
The melon aphid usually appears in early summer.
Harvesting and storage
Cucumbers of the Chinese Miracle variety ripen in July, the harvest is carried out until the end of September. You can get up to 40 kg from each bush. Cucumbers are harvested daily. The stalk is left on the whip. You cannot pull, pull or twist the cucumbers - just cut them off with a knife.
Harvesting takes place from summer to autumn
Fresh fruits retain their taste only for 24 hours. They can be placed in a plastic bag and placed in the refrigerator. In this state, cucumbers will last up to 5 days, but their taste will decrease. Therefore, the fruits are recommended to be preserved or salted.
Reviews of the variety Chinese miracle
The Chinese Miracle variety has many advantages, but it is not without its drawbacks. And since the variety is quite unpretentious, a novice gardener can also grow it.
Popular by topic
Practical advice on caring for Vietnamese pot bellies. Arrangement of a pigsty, raising and feeding piglets after birth and during growth
How To Pinch Tomatoes Correctly In A Greenhouse And Open Ground (video, Photo, Diagram), Which Varieties Do Not Require Pinning
Practical advice for pinching tomatoes of different varieties. Pinion schemes for the formation of a bush in one, two and three stems
Tips and practical advice for growing blackberries from seeds and cuttings. Soil preparation, watering, fertilization, care during the growth period
How To Make A Garden Fountain With Your Own Hands In The Country: Photo, Video, Step By Step Instructions
A step-by-step description of the process of building and installing a fountain from improvised means in the country with your own hands Required materials and tools
How To Make A Swan Out Of A Tire With Your Own Hands: Video, Photo, Diagram And Step-by-step Instructions
Step-by-step instructions for making different shapes of swans from old tires. Necessary materials and tools, possibilities of use