Table of contents:
- We clean caviar from the film at home
- Features of fish caviar: red and black
- Why clean the film and how to do it
- How to quickly and effectively remove the film from caviar
- Features of caviar processing
Video: How To Peel Caviar From Film From Pink Salmon, Trout Or Other Fish, How To Shoot In Various Ways - Instructions With Photos And Videos
We clean caviar from the film at home
An amazing, unusual and amazing delicacy is caviar. Its aftertaste is unique and exquisite. Pike, red, sturgeon … It literally melts in your mouth, exploding with salty juice. Healthy properties correspond to bright taste. Caviar is considered a dietary product, it is a source of vivacity and life-giving energy. Home-cooked caviar is much healthier and tastier than purchased caviar. And if there are avid fishermen at home, you can cook the delicacy yourself. But before delving into cookbooks, the caviar needs to be peeled off the film.
- 1 Features of fish caviar: red and black
2 Why clean the film and how to do it
2.1 How to properly remove a yast at home
2.1.1 What tools do we need
- 2.2 The main stages of work
3 How to quickly and efficiently remove the film from caviar
- 3.1 Whisk and boiling water will cope with the film
3.2 Remove the films with a regular grater
3.2.1 Video: We clean caviar with a grater
3.3 We clean the caviar using a mixer
3.3.1 Remove the yast with a mixer
3.4 We clean the caviar using cheesecloth and a fork
- 3.4.1 Another easy cleaning method with gauze
- 3.4.2 How to free caviar from the film with gauze - video
- 3.5 Removing the stubble in salt water
3.6 How to clean caviar with a badminton racket
3.6.1 We clean the caviar with a racket
- 4 Features of caviar processing
Features of fish caviar: red and black
We are used to considering caviar only from the point of view of its taste. Not a single holiday, not a single celebration is complete without canapes with caviar, Maslenitsa - without pancakes with such a filling. Meanwhile, caviar also has properties useful for the human body. For example, more than 30% of the composition of caviar is made up of proteins of the highest quality. Polyunsaturated fatty acids are easily absorbed by our body and make an invaluable contribution to health. Thanks to them, the level of cholesterol in the blood decreases, which prevents the appearance of diseases such as atherosclerosis, heart attack, stroke. Phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, iodine and other trace elements - all of them are contained in small eggs, and are simply necessary for humans.
Because of its rich composition, caviar is sometimes called "live energy". In addition, it is able to regenerate processes in our body and increase the level of hemoglobin. It improves blood circulation and boosts immunity.
But everything is good in moderation. In small quantities, caviar is really healthy. But we should also say about who should not abuse the delicacy. People with coronary heart disease, hypertension and urolithiasis should be careful not to include caviar in their menu. And the reason for this is the large amount of salt contained in the product.
Caviar is very useful for the body
Why clean the film and how to do it
The film that covers the fish roe is called the yastok. They clean the caviar from it solely for practical reasons. If a film remains on the eggs, the product will taste bitter. And if the yastyk is not removed, then there will be no usual friability of caviar in jars, snacks.
The correct and convenient method is considered to be the one used on fish farms. Tons of fish and tens of kilograms of caviar pass through the hands of professionals. It is necessary to remove ovaries quickly and efficiently in order to preserve the taste and appearance of the product. To do this, use nets with holes larger in size than the eggs. Colanders of sorts. At home, we suggest using a large mesh sieve.
This is how caviar is cleaned in production
How to properly remove the yast at home
Wash caviar in a film with cold water.
Better to wash caviar under running water
Carefully cut the jaw in several places.
Cutting the film
- We take a sieve with large holes (the eggs should slide freely into the holes).
Gently, without pressing, rub the caviar through a sieve. The spine remains on the surface. The bonding film can be separated from the remaining eggs with a fork.
The film remains on the sieve surface
What tools do we need
For different ways of cleaning caviar from the film, we need:
- boiling water;
- sieve with large cells;
- racket for beach badminton.
Indeed, through a racket you can wipe salmon caviar, chum salmon, salmon
The main stages of work
- Caviar preparation: rinsing in water.
- Cleansing caviar from the roe.
- Salting the refined product.
How to quickly and effectively remove the film from caviar
We have already talked about the classic way of rubbing caviar through a sieve. Let's try other cleaning options.
A whisk and boiling water will cope with the film
Pour cold water into a large saucepan.
Pour cold water
Bring to a boil and put 1 or 2 bags of caviar in boiling water. But no more than two, despite the large volume.
Only 2 bags of caviar can be lowered into the pot
Gently stir the caviar with a whisk.
Whisk the caviar in boiling water
- Stirring the caviar with a whisk, we collect the cooked parts of the roe on its blades. You need to stir until all the film is collected on the whisk.
We drain the water. The caviar is ready for salting.
The product is prepared for salting
We remove the films with a regular grater
In addition to the whisk, you can use a kitchen grater for small caviar (pike, crucian carp, perch, trout caviar).
- On a coarse grater, rub the caviar in a film. We try to act carefully so as not to crush the eggs.
- The peeled yast remains on the surface of the grater. We throw it away.
- We fall asleep caviar 1 tbsp. l. salt and fill with hot water.
- Stir, leave for 20 minutes.
- We filter through a fine sieve. If small particles of the film remain in the mass, remove them with a fork.
There is a little liquid left in the caviar, so we leave it for 10 minutes in a sieve so that the water glass.
Our product is ready to cook
Video: We clean caviar with a grater
We clean caviar using a mixer
- Place the bag of caviar in the pot.
- We set the mode on the mixer with a minimum number of revolutions.
- We "beat" the caviar without pressing the nozzle, gently moving along the film.
- We clean the eggs remaining on the ovary with our hands or a fork.
Remove the yastyk with a mixer
We clean the caviar using cheesecloth and a fork
Pour water into 2 pots. In one - hot, in the other - cold.
Pour water into the pans
We put clean gauze in 2 layers and spread the caviar on it in a yastika. We wrap the edges so that the caviar does not spill out.
Fold in 2 layers, tuck the edges
Dip the gauze bag into boiling water, keep stirring for 1 minute.
We need to dip the caviar in boiling water
We take it out and put it in a saucepan with cold water. The scalded yast will be easy to remove.
Boiled yasti is much easier to remove than raw
- We peel the caviar from the film with a regular fork.
Another easy cleaning method with gauze
- We lay out the gauze cloth on the board.
- We spread caviar on it.
- Gently, without pressing, roll the caviar over the gauze.
Ovary particles remain on the fabric.
As a result, we get completely cleaned caviar
How to free caviar from the film with gauze - video
Removing the yasty in salt water
- Prepare a saline solution: dissolve salt in boiling water in the ratio: 100 grams per 1 liter.
- Put the unpeeled caviar in a separate bowl.
- Fill with brine, the film begins to curl.
Caviar is ready for salting
How to clean caviar with a badminton racket
If there is no suitable colander or strainer at home, anglers are advised to use a racket. Eggs easily slip through the coarse nylon mesh. The yastyk itself remains on the line.
- We take the racket clean, you can pre-rinse it in hot water.
- We put the unpeeled caviar on the net.
- Wipe gently through the cells.
The smallest film particles that remain on some eggs can be removed by hand or with a fork.
An excellent method for cleaning red caviar from ovary
We clean the caviar with a racket
Features of caviar processing
- Before removing the roe, the red caviar must first be rinsed in a saline solution: for 1 liter of hot water, we need 0.5 teaspoon of iodized salt. For black and river fish caviar, such processing is not required.
- Dry the caviar by spreading it out on a sieve or gauze at room temperature.
- Do not dry the peeled product on paper towels or paper towels, as caviar will quickly stick to them.
- Experts advise not to fry the peeled caviar, as it becomes tough, and suggest salting it.
- For salting caviar, if we are going to use it quickly, it is not at all necessary to keep the product in salt for several days. It is enough to keep the caviar in brine for 7-10 minutes: 2 tablespoons of salt per 1 liter of warm water. Dry and pour over with sunflower oil.
If we plan to store caviar in the refrigerator for more than 14 days, then we keep it in brine for 30 minutes.
The caviar is salted quickly, within 10-30 minutes
A pleasant surprise in the form of caviar when cutting fish will definitely please. After all, the methods that we talked about will greatly facilitate the work of the hostess. Now friable homemade caviar on the festive table will surprise guests not only with its great taste, but also with an equally brilliant appearance.