Table of contents:
- How to make wonderful yogurt and its varieties at home
- What is known about yogurt?
- Selection of ingredients
- Homemade recipes in a yogurt maker and without
Video: How To Make Yogurt At Home - Recipes For Making Drinking, Greek And Other Options From Milk (including Goat Milk), In And Without A Yogurt Maker, Video And Reviews
How to make wonderful yogurt and its varieties at home
Yogurt belongs to fermented milk products and has a lot of useful properties known in all countries of the world. Bacteria are present in various leavens. The product is able to satisfy both hunger and thirst. It restores strength and energy. Yogurt contains a sufficient amount of amino acids, vitamins and minerals: magnesium, zinc, potassium. Such a set of nutrients makes it an irreplaceable food product for adults and children. You don't have to run to the nearest store to enjoy yogurt, because you can make it at home.
What is known about yogurt?
As a result of milk oxidation by special bacteria, yoghurt is formed. It contains a lot of useful substances that have a beneficial effect on our body. What is the benefit of the product?
- digestion improves. For normal assimilation of foods, proper functioning of the digestive system is necessary. The bacteria contained in yogurt maintain the necessary acidity, relieve constipation and diarrhea. People who are intolerant of milk protein can safely consume yogurt;
- toxins are eliminated. Putrefactive microorganisms gradually accumulate in the intestines. The fermented milk product neutralizes and removes them;
- the risk of cancerous tumors is reduced;
- the immunity of the whole body improves due to the synthesis of interferon gamma;
- the combination of yogurt with a salt-free diet heals sore joints;
- skin, hair and nails are getting better.
Unfortunately, the listed beneficial properties of the miraculous product do not apply to the yogurt that is sold in stores. Therefore, it is recommended to cook it yourself.
All kinds of
In addition to the usual, there is bioyogurt. It is supplemented with live bacteria called probiotics. For example, acidophilus bacillus and bifidobacteria.
Yoghurts are classified according to the type of milk used:
- natural milk;
- milk or cream with a fat content brought to a certain standard;
- reconstituted milk powder;
- recombined milk.
By the type of additives, the product is divided into two types:
- fruit or vegetable;
- flavored. Flavors and flavorings are used instead of natural fruits.
Yoghurts differ in the proportion of fat content:
- milk non-fat. Fat content no more than 0.1%;
- milk of low fat content. 0.3-1%;
- milk bold. 1.2-2.5%;
- dairy classic. 2.7-4.5%;
- milk-creamy. 4.7-7.5%;
- creamy milk 7.5–9.5%;
- creamy. Not less than 10%.
frozen. This is an ice cream that uses yogurt instead of cream. Distributed in Western countries;
Frozen yogurt is like ice cream
- exotic. For example, coconut or almond;
national. There are a lot of them. The most common:
- salted or churning. It includes regular yogurt, salt, cumin. Prized in India;
dried or Jamid. It happened in Jordan. Salt is added to the whipped milk, wrapped in cheesecloth and dried. It turns out a ball the size of an apple;
Jamid is obtained by drying yogurt. They are apple-sized balls
- Bulgarian. This is yogurt with a Bulgarian stick;
- Turkish. Identical to Bulgarian. Prepared from boiled sheep's milk;
- Greek. Sheep or cow's milk is ripening. Then it is filtered through special paper.
What are the features of cooking
There are two cooking methods:
- thermostatic. The constituent components are immediately placed in the consumption container. Sourdough is added. The process goes on and the finished product is obtained in the form of an undisturbed clot, as when souring milk;
- reservoir. The components are first placed in a large container, and ripening takes place there. Then the finished yoghurt is poured into smaller containers. The result is a broken clot.
Now in factories, preference is given to the second cooking option. Well, at home everything depends only on you.
Selection of ingredients
Buy the starter culture at the pharmacy. Try not to use store-bought yogurt instead of this important ingredient, even if it has no preservatives. A special microflora is formed in fermented milk products. And after fermenting, it turns into pathogenic.
For yoghurt, pasteurized cow's milk with a short shelf life is suitable. It does not need to be boiled before sourdough. You just need to warm it up. Boil the rest. Do not take milk from private owners. You don't know what kind of cow they have. And she can be sick or fed with vitamins. Pay attention to the fat content. It varies in the range of 0.5–6%. For children, choose milk up to 3.2% fat. And for weight loss up to 2.5%.
You can use goat's milk. It is very healthy and hypoallergenic, but not everyone likes its taste. Pay attention to the expiration date and the integrity of the packaging. The color of good milk is white. Fat clots may be present. Looks sour. If there is a yellow tint, then cow's milk is substituted. A bluish tint indicates dilution with water.
Homemade recipes in a yogurt maker and without
To cook without a yogurt maker, you will need a thermos, heater, or blanket.
How to make natural yogurt
Boil a glass of milk. After cooling to 40 degrees, stir with the leaven.
Starter cultures are of different types
- Place everything in a thermos or yogurt maker. Place the thermos next to the heater or wrap it up with a blanket. And in the yogurt maker, press the start button. Fermentation takes ten hours. If you don't have a thermos, don't use plastic bottles. Better to use a glass jar or enamel pot.
Boil a liter of milk. Refrigerate to 40 degrees and add a tablespoon of starter culture. You can put sugar, jam, fruit. Pour into jars or yogurt maker. Cooking time - 6 hours.
Milk is mixed with sourdough and poured into containers for preparation
- Finally, put the product in the refrigerator to stop the fermentation process.
Video: how easy it is to make yogurt without a yogurt maker
The recipe is the same as for natural yogurt, but milk should be no more than 1.5% fat. Add sugar or fruit to the chilled finished product to taste. If the yogurt turns out to be thick for you, then you should reduce the amount of starter culture by 1 liter of milk.
Cooking the Greek version
First, follow the recipe for natural yogurt. In the last step, fold the cheesecloth in two layers and place the curd in it. After 2 hours the whey will drain and you will have something in between yogurt and pudding. To thicken and increase the fat content, add a glass of cream to the milk.
Greek yogurt is obtained after decanting the whey
Homemade yoghurt differs from store-bought yogurt in its taste and healthful qualities. And in order to make this wonderful product, it is not at all necessary to have a yogurt maker on the farm.
Popular by topic
Installing a warm electric floor with your own hands. Practical advice on choosing the type of underfloor heating, recommendations for the installation of cable and film floors
Practical advice on the construction of paths in the garden. Materials used, recommendations
A description of the symptoms and causative agents of cabbage diseases. methods of control and prevention
Types of organic fertilizers, practical recommendations for the production and use of compost and other fertilizers
Tips for preparing hot drinks. necessary products, the sequence of preparation of mulled wine, chocolate, coffee and tea with the addition of spices